Chapter 37: Connection

Start from the beginning

"I swear to God, I just wanna hug you and fuck you up!"

She carefully watched him as he laid there peacefully. A nurse walked in and rolled her eyes. Mahogany didn't even notice that she was there.

"Excuse me?" The nurse said.

Maggie turned around, "Es hora de ir.." The nurse folded her arms.

"I-I don't speak Spanish.." Mahogany said.

"It's time for you to leave. Kain needs his rest. You can come back tomorrow to visit." She said with so much attitude.

"You better watch out! I don't know who the fuck you talking to like that!" Maggie said and the nurse shut up straight away.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Kain. Hopefully, you'll be awake and we can talk things out..I should've been there to protect you but I've failed you.." She said acting innocent in front of the nurse.

"I love you...Sleep tight." She kissed his forehead.

-

"Can I come in?" Rashad knocked on the door.

Kennedy sat up, hoping that it was Kain but it was Rashad. She slowly laid back down again and closed her eyes. He placed the flowers that he got from downstairs beside her.

"I uh.I got you some flowers and a box of chocolate." He shrugged.

She nodded her head, "How're you feeling?" He asked.

She just shrugged.

"What happened? Is the baby okay?" He held her hand.

"He's gone. He died..." She teared up.

"Damn...I am so sorry.." He shook his head.

"I was gonna have a little prince." She started crying again.

He moved everything he placed on the bed and sat beside her, "This was all Kevin's fault.." She shook her head.

"I'm sorry, I really am.".

"It's not your fault. Thank you, for being there. For saving me. Who knows what would've happened..." She smiled and so did he.

Next day...

8:21 a.m

"Okay, okay, mama..Stop the crying.." Mahogany kissed Kaiser.

"You want your pacifier?" She asked.

She waved the pacifier around and Kaiser began smacking, "There you go, baby." Mahogany smiled.

"Let's hope you fall asleep.." She said to Kaiser who just stared back at her mother.

She looked just like Kain but a little like Maggie too. Maggie placed Kaiser into her car seat and brought it downstairs. Maggie didn't sleep at all at night. She was just thinking about the whole situation. She just hoped that Kain was awake. She was angry but she figured that they could talk things out once he's out of the hospital. She found Rashad in the kitchen eating cereal that he had found in the kitchen.

"You ready to leave?" She asked Rashad.

"Yeah.." He nodded his head.

They left for the hospital. After making sure that Kaiser was okay in the back, Mahogany made her way to the drivers seat. She looked at Rashad and could tell that he had something on his mind.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong?" She looked at him.

"Who? Me?".

"You're the only one that can talk. My baby is nowhere near." She chuckled.