Chapter 27: T H O T

Wednesday
24th July 2019

1:26 p.m

Omniscient

"Mom, I honestly don't care if he doesn't turn up

"Mom, I honestly don't care if he doesn't turn up. I told him already. I even sent him a message about the time and address. If he doesn't turn up then I don't need him in my child's life." Maggie rolled her eyes.

"I'm sure he'll turn up, Maggie. If not, I will have a serious talk with him. I'm being honest." Shereen said.

"I don't play about when it comes to my baby girl.." She added.

"Moooom, I'm a big girl and I can handle my problems. Now, let me deal with it." Maggie sighed and laughed.

"Look, call me when it's all done and tell me how it goes, okay?".

"I will, love you mama.".

Mahogany put her phone away and could hear quiet bickering. She looked up and saw Aubrey dragging Kain into the hospital. She folded her lips and wanted to laugh but she kept a straight face. Kain smacked his teeth and narrowed his brows.

"You're going to go into that appointment with her and act like a father!" Aubrey pointed her finger at him.

"Man, fuck this bullshit!" He turned around.

"Kain Javier Matthews! If you don't get your ass here right now, I will beat you in front of everybody here!" She yelled, "Yeah, I said it." She looked at him.

He sucked his teeth and approached Maggie who was giggle, "Good afternoon, Maggie." Aubrey put on a smile.

"Good afternoon, mama." She got up and gave Aubrey a hug.

"I'm sorry about all of that. It's just quiet a shame that your 21 year old son sometimes acts like his shoe size. Sometimes you've just got to set things straight." She mentioned.

"Ma, that was fucking embarrassing." Kain muttered.

"Swear. At. Me. Again. And. I'll. Throw. You. Out. Of. This. Window. Kain!" She beat him with her bag.

"A'ight, a'ight!" Kain yelled.

"Ma'am, you're going to have to leave if you continue." A doctor said.

"I'll see you at home, darling." She put on a fake smile at Kain then walked off.

"The fuck..." Kain sucked his teeth.

Maggie sat there laughing silently, "I don't find anything funny. Whatchu' laughing at?" Kain smacked his teeth.

"You." She rolled her eyes.

"Why are you here anyway?" Maggie rolled her eyes.

"Because, my mom dragged me here. Trust me I don't wanna be here. I hate hospitals." He looked around the room.