Yet despite his attempts to cleanse himself of his sin, he can't seem to erase the feeling of Taehyung off of him. It haunts him, a vivid reminder of what he's committed and it won't fucking go away.

"Leave me alone!" Jeongguk screams, words caught in his own tears. He slowly falls to the floor, sobs echoing off the tiles as he repeatedly shouts for the voice to leave him. Tears blur his vision, the hysteria driving him to the edge, muddling his thoughts.

"Jeongguk!" His mother calls out for him, but the boy is too upset to notice his mother and father have rushed into his bedroom.

Seeing the worry on his mother's face, Jeongguk cries harder, the sobs rattling in his chest. Instantly, she wraps her arms around him, cradling his head on her chest. She rubs his back soothingly, telling him that God will make everything that's troubling him alright, yet Jeongguk can't bring himself to believe her.

He knows deep down for sure she wouldn't be telling him that if she knew. If only she knew.

▂▂▂▂▂

He remains quiet for the rest of the week, not being able to provide his concerned parents an explanation for why he snapped that night. He also completely avoids Taehyung in every way possible whenever he can.

Lately Jeongguk's read Bible passages more than ever, drowning himself in scriptures and his father's sermons until he could no longer stand listening. He's abandoned his mother for the men's Bible study. God has punished him for his sins, and now, he has no choice but to make up for them by forcing himself to endure the hour to purify himself and believe in God's righteousness once more.

So he does it by becoming the perfect son, the perfect Christian - the perfect straight kid.

Whenever he gets a thought about Taehyung or any thought about boys, he's been taking his anger and shame and putting it into running. He runs more frequently, and when the thoughts get too much, he decides to shower in freezing cold water to eradicate the impurity from his skin.

He has scrubbed his skin raw until he can't feel Taehyung's touch any longer. He's lost track of the times he has spent standing underneath the icey water until his thoughts numb. His mother has even introduced him to a decent girl at church that week.

To be honest, it's like Taehyung isn't there. Jeongguk's carrying on with his life like how it's meant to be. He isn't supposed to be kissing boys or thinking about them in sexual ways. He's supposed to be focusing on his faith and getting a girlfriend to probably spend the rest of his life with. He's doing what he's born to do, and his parents haven't been so happy with him in months.

His world is seemingly perfect for once, though it doesn't last when he bumps into Taehyung.

Taehyung's irises are a shade darker (if that's even possible). The way he narrows his gaze at Jeongguk is filled with intense anger as he stares him down, the scowl sitting furiously on his lips. The younger gulps, murmuring an inaudible apology with hopes Taehyung would ignore this ever happened. However, it's obviously not the case, and by the looks of it, the blonde is enraged.

"Come with me," Taehyung's voice is flat, monotonous as his fingers coil around Jeongguk's small wrist. Taehyung seethes silently, his irritation radiating from his stance as he remains silent the rest of the way.