Chapter 16: New People = New Problems

Start bij het begin

Oh no, shouldn't have said that.

"Teleported?" Carlotta asks me. "What do you mean?"

So much for that full on conversation I wanted.

"I-It's nothing it just slipped," I say to her...but sadly I was a bad liar.

"You're lying," Carlotta replies to me. "Tell me the truth."

"The teleportation part was the truth..." I say to her quietly.

"That's impossible," she replies to me. "What kinda guy believes in-"

"Hand me your wallets or you're both done for," A masked dark guy suddenly says to us as he holds a gun pointing towards us.

"We don't have any money," I reply to the guy.

"Yeah right what about your friends purse," Carlotta says. "Give him that before we're both dead."

"I'm not going to do that," I reply to her. "It's hers and I respect her property. I wouldn't give it to some random scumbag like him."

"You better do what the girl says boy," The guy says angrily. "Or bullets will be flying."

"Do what he says Michael," Carlotta says to me.

"No," I respond to her. "Over my dead body."

"As you wish," the guy says as he was about to shoot us both but then puts the gun down. "Wait a second...you look a lot like the King of Pop himself. Are you?..."

Not again...this time I'll stop it.

I raise my hand and with a blue glow I raise the guy from the ground and slam him against the wall. I then let him fall onto the ground unconscious. He would now be waking up about tomorrow morning and think everything was a dream. Probably be thinking that he got a little too drunk.

"W-What!? What was that!? I know what I just saw was not a dream! Explanation!!!" Carlotta yells at me.

"Shh! Someone will hear us!" I shush at her.

She shuts her mouth and looks at me with a little bit of fright. Most likely fearing that I would do the same to her but that is very unlikely. I can tell she's a good person not a bad one.

"Look I'm not going to hurt you," I say to her calmly. "What you just saw was real and teleportation is real now. You are wrong and right in a way. I am alive...but that is because I was awakened."

"What do you mean?" Carlotta asked.

"I was dead," I say to her. "And now I'm alive again. And for some reason when I came back to life, I looked younger and I gained powers."

Better not tell her about Shadow...just in case.

"This is a lot to process..." Carlotta says.

"It's okay," I say to her. "Take all the time you need."

"So your friend (y/n)... Was she taken by someone magical too?" She asks me.

"Yes," I say to her.

"...cool," she says. "Well I mean the magical powers are cool not that she was taken by some evil dude."

"It's okay, I know what you meant," I say to her. I look at the time and see that I'm wasting it. I need to go and try to find (y/n).

"I'm sorry our time has cut short but I really need to go," I say to her as I start to walk. But then she grabs my jacket and pulls me back.

"W-Wait! Let me come with you," Carlotta says to me.

"I can't let you come with me," I say to her. "There's no guarantee you'll survive. Plus I don't have any money or food..."