I held my heart trying to calm myself. He didn't even make a sound when he entered the kitchen and it irked me for some reason.

"Can't you at least make a sound while entering?" My voice was soft but tone snappy. After everything that had happened today, I wasn't in my best of moods.

Nickolai arched a brow my way when he heard me, a surprise look crossing his features before he apologized again. "Sorry."

I swallowed hard, looking away from him, my mind messed up with everything i learnt about myself today. I was once again, reminded of what Nickolai told me a few days days, by the stairs. Did he know? Was he already aware of who i was? Who was he...?

"Or perhaps you should be more aware of your surrounding." My head snapped towards his way when i heard him talk.

He had his head tilted, looking at me with some foreign expression on his face, as if studying me.

His words irked me more, and somehow his presence too. I was uncomfortable and it looked like he noticed that but didn't comment anything on that.

Not wanting to be around him anymore, i held myself and started walking, maintaining a good distance between us as i walked passed him.

"What are you going to do?"

My legs halted in their tracks when i heard him ask, his tone sending a chill down my spine. I didn't turn to look at him. "What do you mean by that?" i kept my voice strong and maintained a calm demeanor.

"Now that you know who you are, what are you going to do?" He asked, his tone taunting.

His question made me turn around and face him. How did he know?

Before i could say anything, he cut me off, "Are you going to hide behind Xerxes and bawl your eyes out when you lose someone close to you, someone you love?"

His words were mocking me, his eyes laughing at me, staring down at me as it i was nothing.

"Are you even fit to be a Luna?" He asserted with me his cold eyes, studying me from head to toe and shaking his head.

His words stung, hitting right on my insecurities and weakness, but i didn't let it show on my face. He was right, was i going to hide behind Xerxes forever and do nothing? Was i worth that much? Was i even fit to be a Luna when i can't even protect my loved ones?

No, i shouldn't and wouldn't cower away anymore. I have to protect what i held dear and for that, first i need to be strong and stand up for myself. I can't or allow anyone to push me around just because i can't shift or was strong physically like them. I was a Luna, the mate of an Alpha King, i need to be able to live by the title given to me.

"Don't cross your line, Nickolai." I managed to utter out, my hands in a fist.

The surprise was evident in his face, but he was quick to mask it. "What are you going to do, Luna?"

"I know who you are." I met his stare, holding it to show him how serious i was.

"Who am i?" He queried, placing the empty pitcher on the counter top.

I had my doubts on Nickolai since day one, he knew too much, too many secrets that he shouldn't. How was he able to know all that? Who can tell him that? How did he know who i was? Now that i think this through, it all makes sense.

"You're Lisa's mate, the one who is trying to overthrow Xerxes's rule." I put the words out loud and clear for him.

A deafening silence stretched between us, his face blank as he stared at me deeply and i held his stare.