"Its up to you, Nia." Bellamy spoke to her while picking Atlas up.

"Ok. But first we need to do an ascension." Nia spoke up before looking to Madi.

Though she might have the symbol and the power but she still needed the Flame. Which meant it needed to be taken from Madi and put into her.

"Can't this wait?" Clarke asked worried for Madi's sake.

"It can but I'd rather it not." Nia spoke her side. "I know what happens when you take the Flame, and I'd rather see what they have to show me during those 10 years."

"Gaia, can do it." Indra spoke out from behind them. She had been by Gaia's side but had decided to come to this meeting.

"She just had surgery." Clarke protested unsure about how all this might turn out.

"And she has gotten rest. Believe me when I say, that she would want to do this." Indra informed back. Gaia was the only one trained to do an ascension and if Nia was to truly become commander she would need the Flame and they would all have to witness it.

"So, it's decided in two hours we do an ascension." Nia stated with no room to argue as she left the room.

Bellamy followed after with Atlas still in his arms. His mind had gone to the topic that she had wanted to discuss beforehand. His walked through the corridor before he spotted her beside a different window. But her gaze wasn't on the earth it was on the stars above.

"I still can't seem to get use to the fact that I'm closer to the stars than I ever imagined." Nia spoke up feeling the presence of someone not knowing who until his hand rested on her back.

"Are you alright?" Bellamy asked beginning to rub circles on her back.

"With what exactly?" Nia questioned what he might be referring to.

"The prisoners. The ascension. Everything." Bellamy listed not sure what might be on her mind.

"We did the right thing. Now we just need to find a way to live among one another without killed each other." Nia sighed before looking to him. "And the ascension needs to happen. I saw what Lexa went though and I'd rather do that during those 10 years of sleep."

"Hey, it'll be okay. I'll be here for you." He comforted while Atlas wiggled from his grasp.

"That's what I'm worried about." Nia expressed leaning her back against the wall behind her. "I know that I'll be observed under a microscope after everything happens. But you didn't ask for this, neither did Atlas or the girls. All of you will be watched because of me."

Bellamy grabbed ahold of her hips and stood in front of her. His forehead resting on hers. Her hands went to his shoulders while trying to breathe easily.

She wasn't trying to change her mind or having second thoughts. It's just she had seen the watchful eyes on Lexa and how some even criticized her. Some didn't like how she advised with Titan or Nia. Some even didn't like the fact that she had some level of compassion. Nia would be under the same eye involving the others to be judged as well.

"Whatever happens we'll get through this together." Bellamy spoke placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Thank you." Nia breathed out as they took comfort in one another. "Thank you for standing beside be despite everything we've gone through. You've help me through my struggles and I couldn't be more grateful."

It was then that Bellamy decided to ask the burning question on his mind. He needed to ask before this opportunity slipped from his grasp.

"Marry me." His words caught her off guard as she snapped her head at him.