Reunions and Reservations

A fire crackled in front of them each stood on opposite sides and simply looking at each other

A fire crackled in front of them each stood on opposite sides and simply looking at each other. Diyoza had allowed the couple inside while confirming their ransom.

As she looked at the people inside the room, her mind went to the files she had read in case anything go south. Out of them all there were only two that put Nia on edge, Diyoza and the guy named McCreary standing behind them. If any part of this deal falls through it would be at the hands of either one.

The sound of Diyoza's radio went off and the voice only confirming for her.

"Do we have your attention now?" Nia spoke up not liking how the atmosphere around them was affecting her.

"I don't know how you got on my ship, but if anything happens to any of my people-" Diyoza began to threaten after Nia's statement.

"Nothing will happen to them as long as we can make a deal." Bellamy reassured.

"I say we kill them." McCreary spoke up making Nia tense at his statement.

"We need you're help opening a bunker. You're miners, so that shouldn't be a problem for you." Bellamy began to list their terms to keep the rest of those people safe. "If you do that, I'll let you're people go."

"And then what, live happily ever after." Diyoza questioned wondering about what would happen to the valley.

"Then we split this valley down the middle. Whether or not you're happy is on you, but I'd like to think that we can find a way to coexist." Bellamy informed about their future.

"Threatening to kill 283 of my people is one hell of a way to start a friendship." Diyoza commented but it made Nia snap her next comment.

"Do we have a deal, or not?" She didn't like the way Diyoza was prolonging. It was like she was studying them with every sentence. But her statement had given Diyoza her reading.

Nia was a soldier, a warrior. Everything about her radiated it. The way her body stood; straight, forward, not one to back down. The tone in her voice; strong, determined, knows exactly what to say. The small movements she made; her head barely turning but enough for her to gather her surroundings. She knew where they stood and the viable exit points. And finally, the way she carried herself. She didn't show fear, didn't waver at their guns. She was a threat to them.

They were both brought to the holding cell that Clarke had been taken too. Nia held a small med kit in her hand after Diyoza had supplied it at her request. The healer wanting to make sure everything was okay after what they had witnessed.

"You're really here." Clarke gasped at the sight of them. Bellamy had helped her sit up while Nia looked her over. The two shared a hug before Clarke asked about the little girl she had come to love.

Bellamy informed her of their safety and the well-being of the others. Clarke relieved at the information he had told her. She asked about why she had been released and was also informed of the deal they had stuck movements before. A touch on her chin caused her to look at the girl who was still checking all the damage.