What To Do?

Everything was chaotic

Everything was chaotic. There was a commander but that commander had fled. Now Octavia had to deal with the traitors in her midst and the uncertain people among them.

"Open the door." Nia ordered the guard that had been guarding the door. He was hesitant to comply but the look in her eye suggested otherwise.

She entered the room and Octavia's eyes snapped up to her and gave her the menacing look. She knew.

"You know." Nia stated once the door closed behind her.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" Octavia asked feeling betrayed at how Nia had never confided in her.

"No, because it didn't matter and I never intended to accept the Flame before." Nia answered simply.

"But you would now?" Octavia questioned her motives in this coop.

"To stop a genocide, yes. You know, it's amazing how you were able to lead this long without being overthrown." Nia stated pointedly at all the irrational decisions Octavia had made. But killing everyone who opposed you does help you keep your power.

"Careful." Octavia warned as Nia was on in thin ice.

"Or what, you'll throw me in with the others?" Nia spoke challengingly. "No, you wouldn't do that because you know I'm the only one helping you keep control. Cooper's dead. Your seda and priestess betrayed you. Even your brother. You mark me as traitor and you lose the people because whether you like it or not, I have people on my side." Octavia held her breath as Nia spoke. It was true, Nia's presence had been spread throughout the clan and with her reputation from before still holding strong, they did look up to her as well. "Fear makes people unwilling to challenge but loyalty brings the bravery to the surface."

"Just because I can't mark you as a traitor doesn't mean you're allowed to speak freely with me." Octavia stated trying to be as fearless as possible to Nia.

"And what would you do about that? Having the title Blodreina means nothing to me. The only reason I stuck by you was for my girls, if I wanted to, I would've taken that seat from you a long time ago. It was the love that I still hold for my brother, that you're still seated there with all your dictations. Don't test me, Blodreina, because I can guarantee you will lose." Nia spoke with a threat underlining her tone. She turned and left leaving Octavia speechless.

Octavia held her tongue not knowing what to do next. She had found herself at an impass. Everyone she had trusted had betrayed her and now the people were unsure what action to take, especially now with the Flame inside another person. But right there she had to do something, to show she still had power.

"The nightblood child did not recite the lineage and is therefore, not the commander. Instead, she ran, abandoning all of us like a coward. She is not Wonkru. She is an enemy of Wonkru and like all our enemies, she will be dealt with. But first, first, we have a war to win." Octavia announced after she walked out of the office. She was forcing her hand but the clans had only known and respected strength and what's to say they still didn't.
The chants spread throughout the room in support of Octavia. But Nia could tell that many were only spoken out of fear. Nia looked to Indra, Gaia and Bellamy down below. The sight made her heart clench, at the rate they were going it would only lead to one thing. Her family would have to fight if she didn't do something.