Odds Against Them

Their walk seemed endless as they traipse through the wasteland

Their walk seemed endless as they traipse through the wasteland. But this was their only of survival now that their rations are limited.

"Bellamy, come in if you hear me." Echo's voice sounded through the radio.

"Echo." He answered simply. He went to speak more but Harper was quick to cut him off. An odd feeling had settled in her when she heard the language she was speaking.

"Wait. She's speaking Trig for a reason." She pointed out thankful that they had used their time in space to pick up more skills than they had before.

Bellamy looked at Nia who nodded in agreement. Their language wasn't heard often, in fact, now it seemed to only be spoken when they needed to speak privately.

"Why are we speaking Trig? What's wrong?" Bellamy questioned. His knowledge of the Grounder language had expanded since he had first been learning when Nia lived among Skaikru. Now his vocabulary was more fluent than ever before.

"They know you're coming. You've lost the element of surprise." She replied with the dreaded news.

This sent Nia's body stiff. If the enemy knew they were coming then that meant more lives would be at risk. How could they simply gamble lives with no regard for their families?

"They know we're coming." Bellamy clarified for those who hadn't grasped the language as well as the others.

"Clarke?" Monty asked seeing that she was the only other person who wasn't accounted for.

Nia's gaze snapped up at the mention of her name. It couldn't be, Clarke wouldn't do that but this time was different, she had someone else to think off. But how could she sign their death warrants? If Clarke had anything to do with this, then this would change Nia's opinion of her and that's not where someone would want to be.

"It had to be." Bellamy stated frustrated with the situation as well. Clarke had just jeopardized his family's safety. "Echo, listen to me."

"Bellamy, if Clarke's on their side, she speaks trig, too." Harper pointed out worried about their further communication.

Grabbing the radio from Bellamy's hand. She wouldn't stand by waiting for when her family to fall.

"Clarke, if you breathe a word about anything said, choosing a side will be the least of your worries." Nia sneered through the radio.

The group had caught her words and glanced at one another shocked. Clarke was the one who betrayed them?

What they didn't know was Clarke heard the message and swallowed nervously at the threat she had received. She could hear the malice in Nia's voice and the sense of guilt overwhelmed her. Too wrapped up in her feelings she didn't see Madi perk up at the sound of Nia's voice.

"Bellamy, Nia, you have to go back. We have their pilot, so you're safe for now. But you can't come here." Echo responded quickly thankful that Nia was among Bellamy this time. She had thought that she might've still be continuing this facade.