Chapter 1 - Phone Call

[ORIGINAL CHAPTER]

That morning I woke up the sound of my alarm, got I got up out of my bed and got changed before going for a run around the local park, I currently live in New York but I'm Chicago born and bred

That morning I woke up the sound of my alarm, got I got up out of my bed and got changed before going for a run around the local park, I currently live in New York but I'm Chicago born and bred. I ran around the park for about an hour working up a sweat before heading back to my apartment for a shower and breakfast before heading to the office I currently own and run a huge large Tech business worth 10 million i started the business when I was 17 but created and sold my first product when I was 15.

My business I named Gallagher technologies, after selling my first product I moved from Chicago to start up the business which meant I had to move away from my family which I regretted because I missed them. As I arrived to work I sat down at my desk and looked at the family photo on my desk because I never forgot my family it had been taken 7 years ago, so I sat there for a while looking at the photo before going into a day dream thinking about how it was to be back at home with my siblings. When I was awoken by my phone buzzing against my desk.

So I snapped out of it before reaching for my phone before looking at it to see if was a unknown number so I answered it "Hello" I said waiting for a response "Hey Jo" I heard a familiar voice say "Lip" i said as a smile formed on my faces "We need your help Jo" Lip said which began worry me before it had been 7 years since I had spoken to my family I had tried but they weren't interested, "what's going on" I asked because they hadn't asked for my help till now "Monica is back and this time it's worse" Lip said Monica did this a lot came back into our lives for a moment to make us believe her before walking out again and leaving the younger ones heartbroken.

"I'll get the next flight out" i said as I heard a sigh of relief "ok thanks" Lip said before I cut off the phone before getting the phone "can you send Matt in" i said to my receptionist before the door opened "you wanted to see me" Matt said as he walked in "please sit down" I said pointing to the chair in front of me "Mat, I need to take some time off and need you to cover the office" I asked Matt was my deputy CEO "for how long" Matt asked sounding confused because I never took any time off from work not even holidays. "I'm not sure but there's some family issues back in Chicago" I said which made a look appear on Matts face he was a close friend so I told him about my family. "Alright" Matt said before I got my driver to take me home before packing up some bags because I wasn't sure how long I was going to be there.

Before heading to the airport i wanted to get there as quickly as possible so I got on the private plane I owned, it felt weird to be heading back to Chicago after all this time as the plane landed I got out before booking an Uber to the house because I didn't want to rent a car and leave it outside the house especially in the Southside as I walked through the airport I began to feel a flood of different emotions happiness, sadness & nerves. As I went through the doors I got into my Uber and headed to the house I looked through the window until we reached the south side before the car stopped and we got out the driver got my bags out before I paid him and he drove off.

So I grabbed my bags and headed up the steps before going through the door as it was opened so i walked in before putting my bags down and walking around the living room looking at everything it had been a long time and I had a rough childhood in this house but there was some good memories too. Thinking of the good memories began to flood me I did begin to get sad so I shook it off but then I heard a voice behind me so I turned around to see my mother Monica Gallagher "Joey baby" Monica said before she ran over and hugged me so I shoved her off "get off me" I said annoyed "what's wrong" Monica said sounding confused which annoyed me even more.

Joey was my nickname from Monica when I was a kid she only remembered my name when she was sober which wasn't often "seriously Monica" I shouted at her because I was angry "Monica she's your mother" Franks said as he walked in from the kitchen "get lost Frank this has nothing to do with you" i said as I glared at him which made him coming run at me "how dare you I'm your father" Frank said as he tried to lunge at me but Monica shoved him out of the way "Frank stop" Monica said trying to calm him down "you left me & Fiona to raise 5 kids" I said angrily which seemed to upset her. "I was in a bad place then, but I'm better now," Monica said sounding happy so I walked away before I punched her.

"For now," I said walking away before heading into the kitchen as Frank shouted after me but I heard footsteps walking down the stairs from upstairs as I looked up I saw Debbie "What are you doing here?" Debbie said angrily as she held her daughter Franny "to help" I said which made her glare at me "help" Debbie said before walking past me deliberately knocking into my shoulder "missed you too Deb" I said which made her quickly turn around and glare at me. "You're just as bad as her you left us too," Debbie said before walking away again.

"Anyone know where Fiona is?" I asked before running into the living room to see Frank searching my bags "get off" I said grabbing him and throwing him to the ground "nice clothes got to be worth a lot" Frank said smugly I tried to pull them off him but he wouldn't let go so I kicked him in the balls as he groaned in pain I pulled them from his clutches because of the racet someone came running down the stairs I looked up to see Lip running down but he stopped at the top of the stairs with a smile on his face "Jo" Lip said happily before he continued running down the stairs before grabbing me tightly.
End Of Chapter 1