Chapter 3 - Promises

[SEASON 7 EPISODE 9 & 10]

 "take it get everyone a little something and use the rest to get a takeaway on your way back

"take it get everyone a little something and use the rest to get a takeaway on your way back." I said but Lip kept quiet "please Lip, take it." I said looking into his eyes feeling so much guilt "ok" Lip said before taking the money out of my hand and putting it in his pocket "Thank you" Lip said smiling at me before grabbing his sandwich from the plate placing it in his mouth before heading out.

Later on, everyone arrived home "looks nice Jo" Lip said as he grabbed a coke from the fridge and sat down at the table as he did I opened my bottle of beer and began to drink it with a smoke in one hand "tell Carl about Monica" Lip said as he sat down Carl had gone to a military training academy which surprised me because he was the most likely in this family to be a gangster which he was "Huh?, No.No I don't wanna bother him during hell week." Fiona said, "you off booze again?" Fiona said looking at Lip worriedly.

"something you haven't told me Lip" I said looking at him annoyed with my eyebrows raised "you told Jo everything else but not your drinking problem" Fiona said sounding annoyed "Yeah." Lip said taking a sip of his coke "So you had a Coke at the Alibi too?" Fiona asked "Yeah." Lip said sounding guilty I didn't realise how screwed up everything had gone when I left.

Then as Lip spoke Kev walked down the stairs with a washing basket in his hands "Hey Kev" I said smiling at him "hey Jo, I'm doing darks and towels if anyone has one." Kev said as he walked over to the washing machine "Svetlana agreed to go to throuples Counseling." Kev said which confused me "who's Svetlana?" I said questionably as I took another sip of my beer "V's Other partner" Fiona said as she raised her eyebrows and pulled a strange face "a lot has changed" I said wanting to laugh but held in it "Yeah" Fiona said before taking a sip of her beer too "That's a thing?" Fiona said replying to Kev "Oh, I'm flipping out. I mean, what if I say stuff I don't want people to know?" Kev said sounding nervous "they can't force you to say anything embarrassing." Lip said as he turned to face Kev.

"Yeah, but don't these dudes have, like, powers?" Kev said "they don't have superpowers Kev" I said before laughing a little "No, man. Not superpowers" Kev said "They, like, look at you in a certain way, and then, suddenly, you have a memory of your foster mother forcing you to clean the toilet with a toothbrush cause you wrote on the wall in black marker. Holy shit. That's my memory." Kev said looking surprised "it's already happening. I need a beer." Kev said heading towards the fridge.

I wasn't sure what to do with myself I knew that Fiona didn't still fully forgive me so I headed to Fiona's laundry mat as I entered Monica was trying to talk to Fiona but she clearly wanted interested "do you have a hole to crawl back into Monica" I said sarcastically because even though she maybe my mother I couldn't even stand to look at her after what she put all us kids through. She was trying to push back into our lives "I'm your mother" Monica said getting into my face trying to intimidate me "get out of my face Monica" I said shoving past her she just looked at me shocked.

"What do you want" Fiona asked still annoyed at me "I came to help" I said but she just rolled her eyes at me "I know your pissed that I left but what did you expect me to do to roll around the dirt in the south side for the rest of my life" I said starting to get angry. "You left me look after 5 kids while you went and became a billionaire" Fiona said placing her hands on her hips. "I did my best I sent you guys money every week in an envelope but clearly you didn't get it" I said.

"I left to provide for you all, I did my best Fiona" I said as she looked at me "I tried to call you but you never accepted the call" I said I wasn't trying to worm my way back into there lives and I did feel guilty for leaving but I didn't feel guilty for making something of my life especially since I grew up around people like Frank & Monica who weren't the best example of people let alone parents.

"Ok" Fiona said before passing me a brush "the floor needs brushing" Fiona's said before I began to brush the floor. The next morning I woke up on the sofa before heading into the kitchen "morning" I said as I looked at Fiona "can you take Liam to school" Fiona said before passing me his book bag "sure, Hey Liam" I said before picking him up and hugging him "let me just get changed" I said before putting him down before I heard the door slam against the door as it opened "Jo I need a lawyer" Kev said as he walked in "I've got to work" Fiona said as she put her coat on with a piece of toast in her mouth. "Walk with me" I said before grabbing Liams hand and heading out for the door.

"So what's up Kev" I asked as we walked down the street "Svetlana conned us out of our own bar" I said looking at him but I wasn't surprised "I'm not really surprised Kev from what I've been told she's a sneaky bitch, but how can I help?" I asked I knew that it was something to do with money "I need a loan to get a decent lawyer that one of those out of law school baby lawyers" Kev said as I chuckled "a loan or you just want some money you will never give me back" I asked as he pulled a face "the second option" Kev said "let me drop Liam off and we will sort something" I said as we reached Liam's school Kev waited behind while I walked him up to the door "I know you don't remember me and that's my fault but I'm gonna be here now because I'm your sister" I said before Liam hugged me and headed into school.

"Let's go" I said I walked "I'll contact the best lawyer in New York and I'll give him your number, because your not at the bar take this" I said getting out my purse and giving him about $2000 which seemed to shock him "I can't" Kev said which shocked me he never turned down money from anyone "take it Kev you need it you've helped us Gallagher out more times than this is worth" i said.
End Of Chapter 3