Chapter 11

Back at it again! Hope you all enjoy and happy reading, voting and commenting!

---------------

Sungjae POV

My phone remains switched off for the remainder of the day and into the next morning. My manager comes to pick me up for the festival from my house and I enter the car finding the hyungs already in their seats.

"Well if it isn't Mr Lover boy." Changsub hyung makes a comment as soon as I pop my head into the car. All the hyungs begin to elbow each other and start laughing "That picture was romantic Sungjae-ah, didn't know you had that side to you." He winks at me.

"Stop it, I'm not in the mood." I slump into my seat and begin to get my headphones out.

"Trouble in paradise already?" I don't even bother to answer his question and place both my headphones into my ears. All the hyungs instantly quieten down and look between each other. I don't speak the whole of the journey to the event.

We make our way out of the van and into the venue. For some reason, I notice all eyes of the staff follow me down the hallway up until I reach our waiting room. Thankfully we're not sharing with another group so I don't have to conversate with anyone else. The sofa in the corner of the room calls my name and I instantly make my way over to it. I shut my eyes as soon as my head hits the sofa.

Joy POV

Today was the day that I had been waiting years to arrive, I had finally made my decision and was going to follow through whole-heartedly with it. I get dressed quicker than everyone and find myself impatiently sitting on the sofa waiting for everyone else. One by one, the members emerge from their rooms and I quickly urge them to get a move on. "Come on! What's taking you guys so long?" Wendy eonni comes out still rubbing her eyes.

"I think you'll find we're taking a normal amount of time to get ready. You're the one who seems to have taken some extra energy pills today."

"It's because she's going to see her boyfriend again." Yeri giggles whilst coming out of our room

"Seriously Sooyoung-ah, you saw him not even 12 hours ago." Seulgi eonni sighs as she sits next to me on the sofa.

"It's not that! I'm just excited for our performance."

"Well that's a great change from yesterday's attitude." Irene eonni finally enters the room. She looks at me more intensely than the others as if she is reading me. "And anyway. You're never this happy this early in the morning."

"Okay everyone, enough speculating and chit chat. Let's get going." I gather them all up and nudge them towards the door where our manager is waiting.

We make it out of our van and enter the hallway of the venue. I slow down whilst walking and notice that everyone we pass either giggles to themselves or begins to whisper to the person next to them.

"She's not even that pretty, why did Sungjae choose her?"

"I liked the DIA girl better."

"She practically trapped him in We Got Married and now he feels he owes it to her." I completely stop in the middle of the hallway and begin to make my way over to the group of staff.

"Just ignore them, they aren't worth it." Wendy eonni places her hand around my waist and begins to pull me away. Before we can move on, Joohyun eonni makes her way to the group.

"You should focus more on your jobs than other people's lives. Jealousy doesn't look good on anyone but especially not on you." I stand in shock as well as the rest of the surrounding people. "Come on Sooyoung-ah, don't give them anymore of your time." She takes my arm and I'm ushered away with both eonnis on either side.

We arrived at our waiting room and our manager immediately shuts the door as we take our seats. "What was that back there?" He immediately shifts his attention to Irene eonni.

"I'm not going to sit around and let people insult my family! They're lucky that they only came away with a scolding." Manager oppa begins pacing up and down the room.

"Do you know how many stories will come out about this? Lots, and it could potentially tarnish you and your group's reputation." He begins to wipe the sweat off his forehead.

"I don't care, there were plenty of witnesses there who will tell the truth." Irene eonni stands up from her chair.

"That's not how this business works, rumours can mean the end of your career!"

"Then they can hurt me but leave the group out of it. I acted on my own intuition."

"I'll deal with this later, just get ready for the show." He leaves the room and slams the door behind him. I stand up and say that I'm going to the bathroom and no-one seems to bat an eye-lid as everyone is still in shock because of what just happened.

I leave the room and make my way towards BTOB's waiting room. As I'm looking from left to right at the signs on the doors, I fail to notice the figure in front of me. I slam straight into the back of someone and I fall instantly to the floor. I go dizzy for a moment before I come back to reality. Looking up, my eyes come to rest on the face of Kang Daniel. He's crouched down asking if I'm okay and then offers a hand for me to get up. I get to my feet and instantly begin apologising.

"Don't worry about it, I was the stupid one for standing right in the middle of the hallway." He chuckles to himself and I let out a small laugh.

"Not at all, it was completely my fault and I really am sorry." He then reaches out to touch my arm lightly.

"As long as you're okay then I'm okay." At this moment I look over his shoulder and see Sungjae emerge from his waiting room. His eyes land on the scene in front of him and instantly his face drops. Here I am, in the middle of the hallway with another idol who looks to be fondly stroking my arm. Sungjae turns on his heels and heads in the opposite direction. I quickly move my arm away and bow slightly to Daniel.

"I'm sorry again but I really have to go." I move around him and chase after the love who I may have just lost...again.

----------------------

Just so you guys don't get worried, Sungjoy is endgame! It would however be a slightly boring story if they ended up together straight away. Patience is a virtue as they say!

Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying the story so far?!