Chapter 8

I felt I shouldn't keep you waiting too long for the update so here it is. Don't know how soon I'll be able to write the next chapter so my apologies. Again, thanks for the reads, votes and comments. I really do enjoy reading them so keep them coming!

----------------

Joy POV

I wake up to Irene eonni calling my name and I instantly know it's bad news. "Sooyoung-ah! You need to see this right now!" I slowly bring my body away from the bed and towards the living room. There, I see all four members crowding around a phone. Rubbing my eyes, I make my way over to them. "What's the matter?"

"It's out." Wendy eonni turns and places the phone right in front of my eyes.

"You should have been more careful! Look how many photos they have of you, and you can clearly see your face. You can't deny it now." Irene eonni begins to take a motherly stand. I look down at the phone and see the headline.

[BREAKING] After years of speculation, Former We Got Married couple Yook Sungjae and Joy are revealed to be dating and here's the evidence to prove it.

I look and see the photos from our 'date' including the one of us kissing as well as the one taken by the worker backstage. "And also, what do you think you're doing on stage, in front of everyone. You couldn't have been more stupid!" I scroll and see the next set of photos of me slowly inching closer to Sungjae and finally whispering in his ear.

"I'm sorry, I really am!!! I.......I just got lost in the moment." I feel a tear slowly forming and eventually trickling down my face but I don't know for sure why. Perhaps it's the disappointment written all over everyone's face?

Seulgi eonni wipes the tear from off my cheek and gives me a big hug. "Let's not get mad at each other, it was bound to come out sooner or later anyway."

"I'm not going to just forgive this straight away, we haven't had a scandal in our whole entire career. How are we meant to deal with such a big one as this?" Irene eonni's voice is the loudest I've probably ever heard it.

"Joohyun eonni, just look at her." Wendy eonni now makes her way over to stand next to me. "Do you really think she meant for it to come out like this?" Another tear runs down my face because I know deep down that this is what's meant to happen but I'm lying to my best friends at the same time.

"I have to think about this." Irene eonni heads off into her room and I'm left surrounded by the other members.

"Just think of it like this, you know longer have to sneak around. You can be as adorable as you want without worrying." Yeri hops over to the group and joins in the hug.

At that moment my phone began to ring and I looked down to see Sungjae's number. "It's him. I'll just step outside for a minute to talk." I make my way to the bathroom and shut the door. "What do you want?"

"Nice to talk to you too darling." I roll my eyes, sadly he can't see.

"Don't be funny, why are you ringing me?" I hear the tone in his voice change

"I'm ringing you to tell you that I've been instructed to come pick you up so be ready in 10 minutes." He hangs up instantly and I hear myself scoff at the phone.

I get up and head for my room to get ready. I walk in to see Yeri sitting on her bed with her phone out.

"You know you don't have to worry, nearly everyone is ecstatic for you." She says whilst still scrolling through her phone.

"I knew it would come out sooner or later because that's what Cube wanted when the other rumours about Sungjae came out. But now it's out I'm not sure I'm too happy about it." I wasn't completely lying, I didn't want to be a couple in front of the public. It was fine in front of members because it was only for brief periods of times but now it's going to get serious. At the moment I'm thinking, I hear the doorbell ring and I know it's him.