I hurried out towards the parking lot at the back of the library, pulling out my keys from my pocket, my hands already starting to get red due to the bitter cold. I unlocked my little white Toyota Yaris before climbing in, starting the car up immediately.

I fiddled with the radio as I waited for the car to warm, letting out a little huff in triumph as I finally figured out how to pre-set some stations.

I pulled out of the parking lot, driving straight down to the little burrito place down the road. I'd asked my family this morning and all of them had turned their noses up at the idea of Mexican this morning. They'd wanted to try a new Hakka place but I was a little sick of Hakka food so I was going to get myself a burrito, and definitely not share with any of them.

I hurried into the burrito place after doing a horrid job parallel parking in front of the store. I'd passed my driver's test years ago, and barely had to drive since then until I'd decided to buy a car a few weeks ago. My heart was really too frail to be able to get a ride from my brother on a daily basis.

I walked into the burrito store, unable to control my smile at the ridiculously warm greeting I got from the wolf couple that ran the store. They were the nicest people ever, and made the best burritos.

"Going home beautiful?" Magna asked me as she rang me up.

"Yeah, but I'm the only one having a burrito today, the rest want to try that new hakka place near Micah's work." I said making Magna roll her eyes dramatically to which I giggled.

"Spicy beef nachos and your usual steak burrito wrap then?" She asked.

"Make it the party tray or they'll start eating my nachos." I grumbled making her laugh.

"Sure thing sweetheart." She said, and I tapped my debit card before getting out of the way to go wait at the high counter on the side with the spinning stools. Although I had more dignity than Micah and resisted the urge to actually spin in them. I drummed my fingers against the counter top as I waited, Antonio knew what toppings I liked so I never really had to tell them. My family and I had been eating here at least once a month for the past ten years, so they had all our orders memorized.

"Parisa your food's ready." Antonio called out, his accent making all the words sound warm even though unlike Magna he wasn't one for endearments. He was actually quite a scary-looking man with all his tattoos and muscles, with age he'd developed a bit of a belly but even that was the scary solid type. He was a total sweetheart though, one of the gentlest alphas I knew, and the absolute best chef, topped only by my mother, although they made different cuisines so it wasn't fair to compare them.

"Thanks Antonio." I said with a smile as I grabbed the gigantic bag off the counter, shaking my head at him when I noted another container atop the one of nachos beside the burrito which was the size of a werewolf newborn baby. The little dipping sauce that I could smell held caramel giving it away. Antonio had snuck in free churros. He gave me an innocent shrug of his shoulders making me laugh.

"Thank you." I said again, and he nodded, reaching over the counter to pat my shoulder before shooing me away, mumbling about how he still had to get the chicken started for the dinnertime rush.

I walked out of there with a smile on my face, the delicious smell of the food making my stomach grumble. I was not ashamed to admit I might've sped just a little on the way home in order to get to the food quicker.

I turned into our driveway, noting that everyone was already home, since their cars were all packed in the driveway. Quickly locking up I balanced the food in one arm while unlocking the door to the house with the other.

I opened up the door not bothering to call out hello since they would know it's me. I tugged off my boots quickly, making quick work of my jacket and scarf and hanging them in the coats closet because otherwise my dad would have my head.