Helping out Granny Joel

~Michiko's POV~

I walk into the living bored out of my mind with nothing but a pair of white booty shorts on, only to be greeted by Nicolas watching something outside of the window. I walk over to the window to see what's up only to see a prostitute getting beat on by some guy. "If you don't like getting smack around then go find some more Johns, you get me? Get me!" The guy shouts as he pulls on the prostitute's black hair, her tanned body laying on the ground against a wall as she holds her cheek in pain. He continues to beat her up and I scoff as I roll my eyes, does this chick not know how to fight back?

I bangs my fist on the wall grabbing Nicolas' attention and he snaps his head in my direction but I notice his eyes slowly drifting back to the scene outside the window. "Don't you ever get bothered of watching this same old scene every day Nicolas? She's none of your concern" I sign to my deaf boyfriend with an annoyed look on my face. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to jealous after a straight two weeks of this s*it.

At first I was steaming mad when I saw this prostitute getting beat on and she couldn't even defend herself but after seeing it over and over again throughout the streets and every morning and afternoon I just stopped caring. Besides, what does this street whore have to do with me anyways? But I'll tell you what I do care about, my man staring at another b*tch for hours on end for the past two weeks. Nicolas just looks at me for a few seconds without replying making me become more annoyed.

I take one more look outside the window and turn around, flipping my hair over my shoulder and whacking Nicolas in the face with it at the same time. I go to walk away but before I can I feel someone grab me by the waist and hug me from behind, resting their head on my shoulder. "Relax babe, I only got eyes for you. Okay? I'm your man and you my woman" Nicolas tells me in his rough voice covered in a deaf accent. The only time Nicolas bothers to speak properly is when he's dead serious about something or very angry.

"Then act like it Nic. I don't want a repeat of before" I sign in front of my chest so he can see it then break out of his hold roughly and make my way to the couch. I flop down on the couch with my bare back facing Nicolas as my head rest on my left arm. I hear footsteps make their way towards me and a cloth drops down on me. I look over my shoulder to see Nicolas standing above me with a small smirk on his lips and without his dress shirt, leaving him with a bare chest like I was moments ago. I sigh in annoyance a I sit up and slip the over sized shirt on but only bother to match up the middle two buttons; leaving a large portion of my chest and my entire stomach exposed. 

I look back up at Nicolas to see him starring at my chest shamelessly, after a bit his eyes drift down to the tattoo on my stomach. Nicolas raises his hand and traces his finger over the tattoo on my lower stomach with a thoughtful look on his face making me shiver from his touch but I let him do as he wishes. Without warning the phone in the room rings loudly making me jump in surprise and Nicolas jump a little as well, not expecting my sudden movement. I stare at the phone but don't bother to pick it up. Worick comes rushing into the living room with a skillet of eggs in his hand.

"Why aren't you getting that Michi?" My foster brother asks me and I shrug my shoulders. "Not my problem bro" I tell him with a snarky tone making me roll his eyes at me. He picks up the phone with his free hand, "hello? Thanks for calling you've reached the Handymen" Worick says into the phone. 

~~~

Nicolas kicks a thug in the face sending him toppling to the floor, "Yeah! Go Nic!" I cheer him on from the sidelines, even if he can't hear me. "Shouldn't you be helping your man?" An old woman with gray hair in a tight bun asks me. I look up to see our employeer Granny Joel looking down at me with her usually annoyed expression on her face. "I could, but I also couldn't" I tell her with a smirk and a shrug only to get a thick phone book dropped right on my face!