Chapter 9

A day had past, and already the olf forest seemed a long way away. Her paws crunched in the melting snow, carving prints much larger beside others. Her white pelt glowed and in her jaws, a fish dangled. Suddenly growls rippled among the ForestClan cats, lips drawn back in snarls.

"How dare you enter our camp just like that!" Birchstar spat, his eyes blazing like two suns.

The DuskClan she-cat stared at him, head held high. "We thought you might have been expecting a reward or something... "she mewed casually dropping her fish. "It's not every day you understand how important being allies is."

Huh! I'm starting to really like DuskClan!

"One fish isn't going to help a lot. ForestClan don't eat fish!" Birchstar snorted in disgust, but unable to hide his hunger. "And I never said DuskClan could come and go in our territory whenever they want!"

The she-cat smiled. "Oh but now they can! And so can ForestClan! We are allies Birchstar." She sighed and patted her prey. "Well I guess I'll have to bring this back to..."

"No!" The she-cat looked up, triumph flashed in her eyes. "We'll keep the fish!" Birchstar looked away unable to meet her gaze. "And I will allow you in our camp. You are right about the alliance. And i don't want it broken after a single day. "

Murmurs of shock and disagreement rose up, but none, not even Stormpaw spoke up.

"Good!" The she-cat purred. "Have a nice meal!" She turned around and slipped away. No warrior spoke. No warrior escorted her. None moved. All they could do was stare after her, or look at the fish still in the brown snow, untouched.

Well i do prefer Hawkblaze but that cat isn't so bad either! ... He shivered as a cold feeling swept over him. He turned his head. Stormpaw! The grey-blue apprentice's gaze pierced through him, scorching his pelt. Huh! What's his problem. Always thinks he's deputy! What you gonna do about it Stormpaw? You don't know what I'm thinking of! Hah! Yeah that's right! And nothing can stop me from doing it!

Suddenly, a cold breeze lifted, and snow drifted down onto the cats below.