Chapter 8

"What! Become allies of DuskClan? Birchstar this is outrageous!" "Stormpaw! Hush!" The grey-blue apprentice bared his teeth and drew back his lips in a snarl.

Birchstar dug his claws in the brown snow. "Why!"

"Simple!" Hawblaze smirked and looked into Birchstar's eyes challengingly. "So that we help each other during leaf-bare, and fight of any threats like badgers or foxes togethor if one is not strong enough."

"And how do I know you'd really help us through leaf-bares and not use us to make you plump!" Birchstar spat in disgrace.

Hawkblaze looked away smiling. "Oh but you don't! And anyway, DuskClan arn't the ones who seem to want bloodshed..." Birchstar growled fustratedly.

Nice one Hawkblaze! Ha! He makes seem Birchstar the one who's bloodthirsty, which is completely the opposite! Sneaky! I like this cat!

"So? We're not going to wait here until your warriors fall asleep!" Leopardclaw tensed, and growled menacingly.

And he gives Birchstar no choice but to accept! Well if Birchstar chose otherwise, he would make a fool of himself. Woah I have to ask him how he comes up with this stuff!

Birchstar sighed and shook his head defeated. "Birchstar no! We don't need their help. We've survived long enough without it!" Stormpaw whispered in alarm.

"It isn't that Stormpaw..." Birchstar's eyes shone with sadness and fear. "I'm so sorry..."

He turned to Thistlestar.

"I...I..." Birchstar took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"We choose to be your allies."