P6. A Strange Situation

Pain was never been this annoying before.

It usually came and forth without a trace, just like breathing. But now, it was totally pain in the head.

One good thing, pain meant I am alive. But at the same time, it means this lass in front of me, wasn't some kind of holographic imagery.

I took a breath but the pain throbbed at my chest.

"Looks like you've broken your ribs," The lass looked ... strange. Unpleasant. "Please rest assured. We mean no harm."

The presence of this very woman made my tracked everything that happened. The sudden hit of realization hit me hard, but the pain, once again, prevented me to do anything

A sudden touch made my gaze up. Her eyes met mine. And I realize we're not physically similar. She was a lot shorter, with slightly darker skin and dark brown eyes that could be mistaken for black if not for this light.

Strangely, I couldn't smell anything from her within this range.

Surprised, my eyes turned to the battle that still going on. We were at the perimeter and this damn thing was turned on for more than a minute, at least. With force, I grabbed her shirt.

"Relax, please." That lass pushed me to the ground again and pointed the badges on her arm: green crescent.

Idiot.

"Light...." I grunted. "Knock it ... out!"

"Light?" When a jet passed above the sky, clarity finally befall upon her. She turned off the flashlight. "Sorry, I-I didn't know."

I was thinking about something to say, but everything lost when darkness engulfed us all.

It was pitch black.

If only not for the burning flame behind me, everything would be swallowed by darkness.

I touched my own eyes and rubbed them. Nothing changed.

No, my eyes weren't like this before. I could see things in the dark. I put my hand in front of my face, but I couldn't see it at all. I could only feel it touched my face.

"Soon my friend...." The lass talked again, but I didn't understand what she was saying. "We will ... our camps...."

My hands went down. The injuries still bleeding. This woman talked about bring me to a camp. She was a lot shorter than me. Smaller.

She was an Earthling.

And she mistaken me for a human being because of these injuries.

I turned to my left shoulder to the badges of Alliance's soldier. I still wore Alliance's battle suit. Even so, the woman kept tending to my wounds. She didn't even fear me.

I took a breath, slowly this time.

No smell, no things to see, injured, and now being helped by unknown an volunteer. This is the worst.

"Oh, yes," Now, her voice began to annoy me. "I forgot to ask your name. What do I have to call you, Sir?"

Call, not a name. She got a point. This wasn't the first time she volunteered herself up in a war. That was she didn't seem afraid of me. She could be a Martian like Uriel that could speak in a way that annoy most of us, but that wasn't possible.

There was only Human's refugees around here.

***

"Kill him, Mikhail."

My eyes flinched open.

The cold yet dry wind swoop all over me. I turned and looked the opened entrance. My eyes quickly went down to find out how many things have been stolen from me.