*Mine

Tammy's POV

I race to my room still feeling flustered. That look on his face still kept snapping back into my brain. It was something I had never see  before and I couldn't  tell what it meant but it was there only for a moment.

I closed my door behind me leaning against it for a few seconds before I shuffled across the room and fell on my bed. My right upper arm still hurt from the strong pressure his fingers placed on it. A light knock came at my door sending my heart to thousands of beats as I stood up to answer it

"Tammy,Mrs Manchester says you should come down quick," Ingrid's voice came through the door. I sighed after hearing her light foot steps fade outside my door. I walked into the bathroom and washed my face hurriedly trying to clear my tension.

I scamper down the stairs entering the living room and I feel my blood boil suddenly. I look around meeting Hunter's intense gaze, that look from earlier completely whipped out from his face. He looks back at his phone as I walk by to the kitchen.

Hunter's POV

When we returned,Tammy ran out of the car quickly as Carter and James came to take the stuff in. She was afraid,I could tell. I never thought that high speed would frighten her. I can't deny the fact that I was worried when I saw her crying. It was hard to take in.

I went in and sat on the couch when my phone vibrated in my jacket pocket.

Teriss:The dark moon my delay.

Me: What d'you mean the dark moon may delay???

Teriss: Your not to find out now. The moon....never mind.

Me: Teriss, what are you hiding???

I wait for her reply but it doesn't come. I get impatient and about to get up when I see Tammy at the end of the stairs. Her scent strongly hitting my nostrils and making me drunk.

Careful,Hunter....careful.

I look back at my phone deciding to call Teriss for an explanation as I head up to my office.

"Pick up pick up." I chant pacing the room

"Hello?" Her voice comes through the end of the line

"Teriss tell me what you know," I say instantly

"I know everything and its not my duty to tell you anything. Just prepare for the dark moon. It will just drop in without warning," she hangs up. I thrust my phone against the wall angrily,my chest heaving up and down as I tried to calm my self.

I attention is switched when a light knock comes on my door. I can smell her, so easily.

How....

Normally, I am only able to strongly pick strangers' scents but this time,her scent is just at the tip of my nose. I can hear her heart beat thump in her chest. May be it was another Alpha gift...but how come I couldn't easily sniff out the others but her....

"Come in," I walk over to my table. The door opens slowly exposing her petite self. Her heart beat picks up as the door automatically closes behind her.

"Mrs Manchester wants your help with something in the attic," she raises her gaze to mine. I frown noticing the red mark on her arm. The memory hits me, I caused that bruise. She notices my stare and wraps her hand around it slowly

"Am sorry," the word leaves my lips quicker than I thought about it and her eyes go wide and she's speechless.
"Tell her I'll be over in a sec," I tell her. Quickly,she turns and walks out still puzzled that I had apologized to her.

I scamper down the stairs heading for the door quickly. I had to find out what Teriss was hiding if it was the last thing I did. Briskly getting in my car,I drove away from the house racing through the empty street.

I stop in front of her small black gate and get out of the car. I pull out my spare phone and dial her number in quickly. She better pick up..

"Hunter,did you forget something?" Her voice invades from behind and I swivel slowly placing the phone back into my jacket pocket. She has changed into a casual summer dress,her hair is braided to the side of her shoulder neatly.

Teriss walks passed me with a basket of freshly cut roses. She opens the small gate and goes in. I follow her my foot steps making a thud on the marble drive way up till the porch. We enter her house and the scent of roses hits my nostrils.

Too scented... Tammy smells much better.

I reassemble my thoughts as Teriss places her basket down and turns to me.

"So...

" Tell me what the moon showed you," I clamour earning a chuckle from her.

"I don't get to tell,Hunter. They are supposed to happen naturally. In fact they already have," she says

"What do you mean?" I take a step closer to her

"Don't try to be intimidating,Hunter coz its not gonna work," she notices

"We'll see about that," I continue. Teriss in the past had these undefined feelings for me which she still denies. I stand so close to her and when she tries to step back,I hold her tight in her position

"Let go,Hunter. Don't try to use the fact that I have feeling for you," she blabbers out trying to escape my grip

"I thought you said you could never have feelings for me," I used her same exact words. Her face flushed as she averted my gaze. Yanking her arms from me,she looped a hunt of her behind her ear moistening her lips.

"Fine," she swallows. A smirk of victory curves up my lips as I continue to  stare at her flushed face. "The moon has mated you with Tammy," she says and my smile fades

"Excuse me?" I snap corking an eyebrow at her.

"You wanted to know. I was supposed to happen naturally but no...impatient Hunter Stark had to know," she says sarcastically as am dead silent out of surprise and....excitement????

"How can the moon mate me with a 17 year old?" I asked in total disbelief. Teriss smiled sweetly leading me to one of her sofas.

"You're just twenty three,Hunter. Its not that bad," she says sitting across from me

"Yeah,but...." Am gonna spoil that girl. "How is that possible?" I ask instead of airing my thoughts

"Smell her much," Teriss leans back crossing her leg over the other watching me digest the whole information. But she was right, I had this strong scent picking for only Tammy. I could sniff her out from far very easily but then I didn't seem to care.

" Does she know?" I find my self inquiring earning a frown from Teriss

"How the hell would she know,Hunter? She's human," she snaps irritated

"Wait,she's human?" The question slips again. Teriss growls rolling her eyes at me

"No,she's vampire. Of course she's human, Hunter," she throws pillow at me with I aimlessly grab and put down. I get up still in thought then swivel on my heel leaving.

"Don't do anything stupid to her," I hear Teriss' voice call from the living room as I walk out the front door. I wave my hand at her leave heading to my car. I never thought a 'human' would be my mate. It actually had never crossed my mind, not even once.

This explains why I loved to look at her even for no reason. I loved her innocence, her frightened looks;how she would twiddle her fingers and bite her lower lip if she was afraid of me or so....

I pull up on the drive way and park slowly. I can sniff her out easily. Her scent floating in the air like a fantastic soup aroma. I have to be the only man alive to never feel,touch,kiss her pearl skin.

She was....mine.

             ®