Chapter 20- Abuse

Ponyboy's POV

   I walked into school the next day with dread. Even though I got to see Johnny a little, most of my day was made up of being abused by this kid. His name was Eddie, and he was very homophobic. He was a Soc, of course.

   I'm gonna put an end to it. By now, almost everyone knows about me and Johnny. Some didn't care, but most did. I really didn't mind, I loved Johnny too much to let some kids bother me.

   I walked into school. I said hi to a few of my friends, then walked up to my locker.

   9-45-I-Don't-Know-The-Next-Number, I thought to myself. The locker popped open, and I put my stuff in it. Almost immediately, I got shoved into the wall.

   Instead of letting it happen like I usually did, I punched back. The hallway stopped moving. I kept hitting the guy, who was no one other than Eddie. His friend tried to push me off him, but I shoved him away. Eventually, he was on the ground, bleeding from multiple places. I kicked him over a bit, and continued putting my stuff in my locker like nothing happened. I closed my locker, and walked over to Johnny, who had Two-Bit next to him.

   "Hey..?" Johnny said, looking at the kid that was on the ground behind me. I shrugged, and kissed him on the cheek. No one really minded, they were used to it at this point.

We all tried to go our separate ways, until I got stopped by my English teacher. "Ponyboy, what the hell?" He asked. I sighed and walked in the direction of the office, sighing. My brothers were gonna kill me.

After sitting and talking for many long minutes, I finally just got suspended. It wasn't the first time, but my brothers were pissed. I couldn't tell the school that I did it because they were making fun of my sexuality, so I claimed that he was attacking me for who I was with, who I didn't want to name.

   Sodapop was understanding, he wanted to kill the guy as much as I did. Darry, on the other hand, was mad.

   "Ponyboy, I thought we went over this! Your school life and your Johnny life are two separate things. Telling people could have gotten you killed, Pony. I can't let that happen! I know that your happy with Johnny and that Johnny is happy with you, but you guys can't get this mixed up in your school life okay?" Darry snapped once we got in the car.

   "Yeah, I know. It isn't my fault, me and Johnny have classes together, and he's my boyfriend, Darry. I gotta protect him! I've been getting beat up for him since the day we went back to school. And I don't mind, because I love him. I'll die for him." I hissed. Sodas eyes widened, while Darry kept a straight face, his eyes on the road.

   We sat in silence the rest of the way home. I walked in the house, and ran up to my room, trying not to talk to anyone else.

   "Ponyboy, you're grounded! You can't go anywhere unless it's to school, or you have to." Darry yelled. I only huffed and slammed my door. I lied on my bed and read any book I could find, until I heard Johnny get home. He ran into my room and jumped on top of me, scaring the crap out of me.

   He started tickling me. I gasped for air, and starting laughing hysterically. Johnny did it with a smile on his face, and his eyes shining.

   I flipped him off of me, then was on top of him. Instead of doing anything, I laid down on his chest, defeated.

   "Pony, you're crushing me, get off!" Johnny laughed, and shrugged me off, then he proceeded to get on top of me.

   "I'm suspended, Johnnycakes. And grounded." I sighed. I wrapped my arms around his waists.

   "I know, Soda told me to keep you company." He said, pecking my lips.

   "Hey, at least you live with me so I don't have to go too long without seeing your cute little face." I smiled at him. He rested his head down on my chest, and we eventually took a long nap like this.

-

   Once we woke up, it was dinner time. We came down from our room, took the food that was made, and sat on the couch. Two-Bit was on the arm chair eating a chunk of cake, while the rest of the gang was in the kitchen.

   I barley ate, and ended up giving Johnny most of my food.

   "Who's down to get ice cream?" Steve yelled. Two jumped up and ran to Steve's side. Soda, Dally, and Darry agreed.

   "You comin, Johnnycakes?" Darry asked. He shook his head.

   "I'll stay with Ponyboy." He said, resting his head on my shoulder. I smiled.

   They all left. I sighed, and went head first into the couch. Johnny patted my back.

   "Darry said I gotta keep my 'you' life and my school life separate. I call bull. You're my whole life." I mumbled into the pillow.

   I looked up to see Johnny's eyes shinning and looking down at me. "Ponyboy, that's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me. I love you. I'll always love you, and I'm never gonna leave your side." He said. I leaned up and kissed him. I kissed him passionately, and I swear, I heard fireworks going off.

   I've never kissed him like this before, or anyone else for that matter. The kiss was passionate and long, and I never wanted it to end.

   I smiled though it. Even though I got suspended and I was grounded, I still got to have moments like this, with the boy I love.

   After our moment, we laid on the couch and cuddled for a while. Johnny was asleep in my arms until the moment when the gang walked in the door.

   I didn't think anything of this until I looked at Soda. He was holding Two-Bit, who looked like he got beaten the life out of. I shoved Johnny off of me and ran to Soda.

   "What the hell happened?" I asked. Two had gushing scrapes all over his neck and chest, he had two black eyed and his nose was broken.

   "T-the Soc, a Soc, I don't know what Soc, he attacked him when he took a walk. When we were walking home we found him almost dead. We gotta go, we gotta make sure he doesn't die!" Steve sobbed. I ran over and hugged Steve. He hugged back, and I heard a sob escape his lips.

   I woke Johnny up, and we rushed to the hospital. Two was getting worse by the minute, and he was bleeding all over. If he didn't get fixed soon, it was sure death.

A/N: huehue dont hate me :)