Chapter 18- Stranger Danger

Ponyboy's POV

The worst thing that could have happened, happened. I had to go back to school. They let me off a little because of the whole thing with Bob, and they didn't make me go back straight away. But now, I had to.

I was kind of exited for school, just I had no classes with Johnny, which kinda sucked. I wanted to spend all my time with him, but I couldn't really do that. Plus, it's track season. So, I was pretty exited.

It was the dreaded morning, so I got up at 5:45, and took a shower, being sure not to wake up the sleeping Johnny next to me. He took the wraps off of his wrists, only to show little white scars that were barley showing anymore.

I got out of my shower and decided to dress fairly nice. Johnny got into the shower, while I got changed. I got into blue jeans, a tight, white tee, my leather jacket and my white converse. I lightly greased my hair, maybe to get rid of the 'greaser' label. Probably not, though.

The next thing I knew, Two-Bit and Steve we're driving us to school. Once we got there, we all dispersed. Except for Two-Bit and Steve, since they never left each other's side. I went to my first class, english. I never really liked english, but whatever. I got good grades in it.

He was talking about some theme that we had to do. I was mostly taking notes the whole time. I noticed my teacher eyeing me the whole time, as if he was scared of me. I sighed.

After that class I had math, then science. Then, I finally had lunch. I found Johnny, and he was sitting with two greaser lookin guys. I sat down next to him. I wasn't gonna buy a crappy school lunch, so I just sat down next to Johnny.

Johnny slyly put his arm around me. "Hi, Pony." He said and smiled. I smiled sweetly back at him. I wanted to kiss him, but that would probably end in me being... well, ended.

"So, this is your best friend that you were talkin' about, Johnny?" One of the guys asked. He had blonde hair, like my kind of blonde. He was tall, thin, and looked like he could kill me.

"Sure is." Johnny said, slowly slipping his arm off me. "Pony, this is Joey," he pointed to the blonde. "..and this is Michael." He pointed to the other guy. He had salt and pepper hair, he was short, but looked tough. He had a genuine look to his face, like he didn't want to hurt anyone, but would if he had to. "I met them in my history class. They're apart of Shepard's outfit, so they understand how annoying Socs are." Johnny told me. I nodded.

"Nice to meet y'all." I said with a small wave. I propped my head up on my one arm, and kept the other under the table. Possibly on Johnny's thigh...

We sat and talked, and Joey and Michael were pretty good people. They said that they didn't exactly like being in Shepard's gang, because they were very intense and they didn't really give anyone a chance to speak.

"Also, because we're the youngest, we don't exactly get treated fairly. Me n Joey are the only 14 year olds, so it was difficult." Michael claimed. I nodded.

"I'm the youngest in the gang, too. I'm really only in there 'cause of my older brothers." I said with a small chuckle. Johnny gently slapped my arm.

"Pony, the gang loves you. You know that!" He said with a cute little giggle. I playfully and very softly slapped his face. He shook his head.

"What class do y'all have next?" I asked. They all said 'gym' or 'PE' at the same time. I giggled.

I got really excited on the inside. I got to have two classes in a row with Johnny! I had almost forgot about that. "Yay, me too." I exclaimed to the guys, trying not to sound gay. Apparently, I'm bad at that sometimes.

We all walked to the boys locker room together. Me and Johnny had had our old lockers together before we ran away, so I wasn't all that nervous.

I walked into the bathroom that they had in there. I heard footsteps following me. I quickly locked myself in a stall, but when I turned around I saw...

Johnny. Thank god. I thought it was some Soc following me or something.

I had the height advantage, so I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He slowly stood up to me and kissed me.

"I've wanted to-" he took a breath. "Do this all day- mmph!" Johnny tried to say. I giggled through the kiss. I finally managed to get ready for gym. All we really did was play volleyball, which I was surprisingly good at. I got hit in the face a few times, but that was only because I was too busy staring at Johnny.

Once we got back in the locker rooms, me and Johnny both started getting changed. I was about to walk out when I felt a tug on the back of my shirt. I turned around quickly, only to be shoved into the wall.

   "What the hell, man?" I asked. He pushed me harder into the brick walls.

   "Listen, greaser. I see you and Johnny Cade. Your gay asses are going to Hell! I hope you die, jerk. I'm just gonna terrorize you until yo-" I punched him, square in the nose breaking it. No one was going to make fun of me and my sexuality, and mostly, my Johnny.

   "You broke my nose, faggot! I'm just gotta tell the whole school about you and your little boyfriend then. Have fun!" He threw me to the ground, than ran off, clutching his nose. I grunted and got up. I turned around to see Michael, Joey, and Johnny.

   "You- you're a fag?" Michael asked. My face reddened, and I stood there awkwardly. Johnny came up and kissed me on the cheek.

   "Yeah, so am I." Johnny said, and grabbed my hand. I smiled at him and kissed his soft lil head. My heart was beating at a million miles per hour. I didn't know what I was expecting from the two boys, but what I got was better than I hoped.

   "That's cute. You coulda told us, Johnny. I wouldn't have judged." Joey said. Michael nodded in agreement.

   I smiled and walked out of the locker room. I reluctantly let go of Johnny petite hand. I looked at him and smile. God, I love this boy. Even if I have to get beat up every day for him, I would do it in a heartbeat.

A/N: thanks to @avaleighlovley for helping me proofread this! I really appreciate it haha, and everyone go follow her! She's working on a story and I know it's gonna be great 🥰