Chapter 2- Feelings

Johnny's POV

   I sat in the hospital bed for what felt like hours, waiting for Pony to come in. I needed him. I needed to see his adorable little face, and his newly bleached hair. Even though he didn't like it, I loved it.

   There's one problem. I'm gay, and I like Ponyboy. I know that he's straight and is probably hitting on Cherry Valence right now, but it's okay. I can dream.

   I started liking him when him and his brothers saved me from those nasty socs. I saw him crying. I then realized that he really cares about me. He cares...

   I heard the door click, and my eyes went wide. "Ponyboy!" I said. I smiled

   I opened my arms for a hug, which he gladly returned. We sat there and talked for a long while. My heart was fluttering, and my stomach was doing flips.

   "About how fine you, even though you almost got burnt in a church." he smiled. God damn, that adorable smile. I can't.

   "T-thanks, Ponyboy. You're lookin pretty fine yourself, but when does that change?"

I saw his face go red, and he hugged me. I wrapped my arms around him and he buried his face in my chest. I never wanted to leave this position.

The only thing I liked about that church was the fact that me and Ponyboy got to be all cuddly, without anyone seeing, or caring for that matter. All that mattered was us, in that time.

"Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold..."

   I said, then fell asleep, with my crush in my arms.

-

I started to wake up, when I realized that something was missing. Ponyboy.

I know he fell asleep with me, so where the hell did he go?

I told him not to leave me. He better not have left me.

"Ponyboy!" I yelled. I stated to cry. I just needed him. I heard my door click open and I saw his blonde hair. It didn't have grease in it. It was soft-lookin and adorable.

He ran up to me and wiped my tears. "What's wrong, Johnnycakes?" He cooed.

"I-I told you n-not to leave m-me." I said between sobs. His face went pale and he wrapped his arms around my chest.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry. I was thirsty, I needed to get a drink. I only left for about ten minutes."

I realized what he called me, and blushed. I liked that name. Only he could call me that, though. I put my arms around his body. I realized I could feel, and count his ribs. He hasn't eaten.

"When was the last time you ate?"
I asked.

He thought about it for a second. "That burger we had with Dally." He looked at me with his green eyes. They were beautiful.

"You're skinny, Pone. Maybe you should eat a little more." He pouted at me.

"What, do I not look good or somethin?" He asked, concern in his eyes.

"No, no of course not! You look amazing, you always do. Don't forget that. Im just watching our for you okay?" I smiled at him. He looked up at me for a second, then put his head back on my chest. I ran my fingers through his soft hair, and boy, was it soft. I never realized it since it was always greased up. I liked it soft.

"Man, you're hair is real soft when it isn't greased." I said quietly.

He looked up at me again and ran his fingers through my hair, which wasn't soft, since there were little bits of grease still left in it. "You still got grease in yours, Johnnycakes." He laughed at me. He started to get up, and pick the little pieces of grease out of my hair. He looked around for a second. He got up and got my jacket off the chair, in which he put around my shoulders. He got his hands wet, and started to slowly pick out the pieces of grease in my hair. God, what would I do without my Ponyboy?

Once he was content with how soft my hair was, he laid down on my chest again, and before I knew it, he was asleep. The poor boy had been so tired, he probably stayed up all night for me. I felt bad, but I slowly started to admire his features.

His hands on my chest, they were small and dainty, but I knew that they were strong and could knock somebody out in one punch. His soft hair, i ran my fingers through it and admired how cute it looked on it him when it wasn't greased up. I know he wanted his black hair back, but personally, he looked great as a blonde. I wouldn't change any part of him for the world.

With that, I slowly started to fall asleep with him, and since it was late, me and Ponyboy slept through the night.

The next morning, Pony was still there, unlike last time. He started to stir, and he looked up at me.

"Hi, beau- Johnny" he stopped himself from saying something he didnt want to, and his whole face went red.

"Hi, baby." I said, to make him feel less embarrassed.

For the next couple of hours, the gang started to come in and visit me. First was Soda and Darry, since two could come in at a time. Then Steve and Two-Bit, and then Dally. Just Dally.

Dally had gotten out of the hospital a couple hours
back, but he stayed just to see me. I know he went crazy when he saw me hurt, so i was happy to see him. He sat and talked. He was like an older brother to me. I loved him, but not in the way I loved Ponyboy. I've never loved anyone in the way that I loved Pony, and that will never change. If only he would love me back...

A/N: 1000 words exact! I made Johnny gay fight off the bat because honestly he's always been gay and it's adorable. Gimmie feedback in the comments!!