Chapter 5- Savior

Ponyboy's POV

   I looked in the small mirror in my room. I was wearing a black suit, black dress pants, and a dark blue tie. My blonde hair was lightly greased back, to the point where it looked good, and I didn't look like a bum.

   Today was the day that Johnny would legally start living with us. Hopefully. I knew that Johnnys parents would get in serious trouble for what they've been doing, and Johnny has the scars to show it. On his beautiful, tanned torso, there was one scar. When that one ended, another began. This went down all the way down to his boxer lines, and that's all I've seen. I have no idea what's below...

   I heard Darry call my name. I went downstairs, falling down them in the process. I fell down in front of Johnny, who was standing there trying to hold in a giggle. I propped myself up on my elbows and said, "Fancy seeing you here," as I did when we were in Windrixvile. Johnny started hysterically laughing.

   "Damn, Ponyboy. You're becoming more and more like Two-Bit everyday," He said, trying not to laugh in between every word. I lost it, and rolled over laughing. Johnny helped me up, and we sat there and gasped for air.

   This was the first time I've seen Johnny laugh in a while. It was nice to see his beautiful smile. God, how did I get so lucky?

   I realized that Soda and Darry were sitting in the Kitchen, watching us the whole time. The two older boys had dumbfounded looks on their faces, and it was honestly priceless. I giggled at my two older brothers.

   "We should get goin," Darry said. We all walked to the door. Since I was exited, I decided to do a back flip off of the stairs. Johnny laughed at me, and did a no handed cartwheel. Soda decided to join in on the fun, and did a front flip, and managed to land right inside of a hole. I laughed at him, and helped him up.

   The car ride there was held with comfortable silence. Me and Johnny were closer than we usually were in front of my brothers, but it didn't matter. Today was gonna be a great, anyways. It's not like, god forbid, my brothers were homophobic that they would kick poor, little Johnny out. I would rather them kick me out.

   We got to the court house. I looked at Johnny. He was wearing a dark gray suit and grey pants, with light blue tie. He looked adorable, with his burns on his face and everything. He was absolutely perfect.

   Me and Johnny took our seats, right behind Darry and Sodapop. I saw Johnny's parents. They looked like they were drunk, or hungover or something of the sort. They always were. I felt so damn bad for Johnny, he needed love in his life. And I was right here to give it to him.

  The judge started talking. I wasn't really paying attention, I was more so fantasizing about Johnny living with us. My fantasies went a little bit like this:

   I woke up in the morning, and rolled over. Instead of seeing Sodapop like I was used too, I saw a flawless human being next to me. His name was Johnny Cade, the love of my life. I wrapped my arms around him, and put my face in his chest.

   He started stirring. His beautiful brown eyes flickered open, and stared at me. He put his hand on my face and smiled, that beautiful smile.

    He soon broke the space between us, and put his soft, pink lips on mine. We ended that off in a hug. I wanted to stay like that forever, until I heard the call of Darry, telling us that breakfast was almost ready. I went to my dresser and pulled out sweatpants and a shirt, since I had slept in my boxers.

   One we got downstairs, me and Johnny sat next to me, and we ate a nice breakfast while talking about anything under the sun with my brothers. I felt Johnny's hand slip to my thigh, and smiled to myself. I loved his touch.

   Later in the day, me and Johnny walked down to the lot. We were sitting there watching the sky and the clouds pass by. My head was cuddled up in his chest, his arm was around me and our fingers were intertwined.

   We had stayed like that until the sunset. That beautiful sunset, that I shared with him every evening. We watched it, and when the sun got to it's setting point, we shared a meaningful kiss. It was perfect.

  "Ponyboy. How do you feel about Johnny living with you?" I heard a deep voice say. The judge was staring at me. Had I been fantasizing for that long?

   "I would love it, sir. Johnny has always been my best friend, we've been through hell and back together." I said with a smile.

   "Why does Johnny want to move away from his parents?" The judge turned to his parents. Darry answered with,

   "Johnny is being abused by them, every day. He usually ends up bedding at our house to get away and rest, and to be protected. He doesn't feel safe with them around, Your Honor. That's why, I am willing to take him under my wing, with my two brothers."

   The Judge thought about this, until he decided something. "Can I have live evidence of abuse?"

   Johnny looked self conscious. I took his hand gingerly and walked him down in front of the judge, and he pulled up his shirt. He had huge, white lines going down his whole torso. The judge looked at them with a good eye.

   Johnny and I sat down. I looked into his eyes. I could tell he was on the verge of tears. I put my arm around his shoulders, and whispered sweet nothings into his ear. He smiled at me, and seemed to relax. I smiled. I couldn't believe that we were this close to getting Johnny.

   "Okay. In declaration of the State of Oklahoma, Johnathan A. Cade is now under the legal custody of Darrel Curtis. This case is now adjourned." He smacked the desk with a hammer, and the police hand cuffed Johnny's parents and took them away. I assumed they'd be gone for a long time. I smiled at Johnny. He smiled back, tears brimming his beautiful brown eyes. He hugged me tighter than he has ever hugged me, and sobbed happily into my shirt.

   "I love you Pony. Thank you for letting me live with you." He said, wiping away a runaway tear. I wiped away another.

   "I love you too, Johnnycakes. I can't believe it. You live with us!" I smiled and grabbed his face. I wanted to kiss him, but we were in the middle of a court room. I would save that for later.

   Darry was going to take us out for ice cream, in celebration. I've never been happier. My best friend and crush was living with me in the legal custody of my brother. Everything is perfect. I loved him, my brothers, and everyone else that was going good in my life. But, the most important one was Johnny.

A/N: yay, whoopty do another chapter!1!1!
I need advice, should I make the gang homophobic, okay with it, or other suggestions? I dunno how to go along with that, but tea hehe
I'm exited to keep writing this book!
Imma sleep now gn