25

We get home and Ryan was standing outside my door. Leah stares at me and I know since she told me that she has a crush on him, I had to do deal with this. I sighed and get my things.

"I'll handle this." I said to her.

"I told you he likes you."

"Just let me deal with this."

"Okay." she says and she gets her things too. 

We walked to the door and I put on one fake smile.

"Hi Ryan." I said. 

He comes to me and hugs me and kisses me on the cheek. 

"Hi Mia. It's good to see you are back."

I hear Leah sigh and I step away from him.

"How was your summer?" he asks.

"It was great. Ryan I need to talk to you."

"Okay. Should we go inside then?"

"No. Here is fine. Look this is not going to be easy for me to say. But I need to say this. Cause I think you got the whole wrong expression from me."

"What do you mean?"

"Ryan we are just friends and nothing more. And there will never be anything more than friendship between us. And if I ever gave you the wrong expression then I am sorry. But I met someone this summer and we are dating now and it's quite serious. If I ever made you think that we are more than friends then I am sorry. But I only see you as a friend and you have been such a great friend to me. But it's all I can give you. Is friendship. I don't see you as more than that. And I am sorry if I did give you any reason to think otherwise."

"You didn't. You made it clear a couple of times that we are just friends."

"Well it doesn't mean that you won't find someone for you. In fact I actually think there is someone who is so perfect for you just under your noise."

"Really like who?"

"Like me." Leah says interrupting me. 

I chuckled and I step away a bit.

"Hi Ryan. By the way."

"Hi Leah. And I'm confused now."

"Well Leah likes you for quite sometime now. And seems like because of me. You never really gave her a chance to show you who she is. And I think you should. Cause you will never find an amazing girl out there like her."

"Thanks Mia."

"You have a point." 

"Well she is free now if you want to take her out?" I said more like hinting that he should ask her out. Leah covers her mouth and shakes her head.

"Leah."

"Yes Ryan." 

"Would you like to go grab a soda or something?"

"That would be nice. Thank you for asking."

"I'll see you later then. I have some phone calls to make and unpacking to do." I said and I look at Leah.

Leah hugs me and she whispers in my ear.

"Thank you."

"No problem." I whispered back.

She lets me go and I smiled at Ryan.

"Good to see you too Ryan. Bye." I said and he hugs me.

I went inside and Leah and Ryan left on their first official date. 

I went to the kitchen and my mom was busy making dinner. I stare at her and smile. I drop my bags and went to hug her from behind.

"Hey mom." 

She turns around and hugs me tight.

"Mia. I'm so glad you are back. I missed you so much."

"Me too mom. I missed you too."

"How was your trip?"

"Well. I have so much to tell you. Can we sit?"

"Sure. Let me just turn down the stove."

I nod and she turn the stove down while I sit at the table. She soon joined me and I told her about my summer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you and please vote.