3

We drove to my dad's house. On our way there I called my mom letting her know that we are safe and Alex picked us up.

"You take care of yourself Mia."

"I will mom."

"When are you starting to work at the diner?"

"My first shift is Wednesday night."

"Ok. I'll call you tomorrow night. I love you. And be good."

"Love you too mom. Talk tomorrow night." As I hang up the phone I was playing with my hair and looking out the window. I realized I have some taffy in my hair. I took it out.

"That fucking little boy put taffy in my hair." I said to Leah showing her the taffy in my hands.

She laughs out loud. "You only realized it now?"

"You knew it was in there?"

She continues laughing at me "Yeah."

I slap her on her arm "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I noticed it too." Alex said laughing.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought you liked it in your hair." he laughs. 

I saw the asshole starts laughing too and I blushed and looked to the floor. "Dammit." I whisper. 

Leah laughs so much that she actually starts to cry. I looked at her and decided to put it on her head just enough so it sticks on a string of hair. "There you go, here's some taffy for you Leah." I said to her chuckling.  

She stops laughing and slaps me on my arm "Bitch."

I start laughing and Alex laughs so much that he can't see where he was driving. 

"Alex watch out!" I yelled at him with a terrified voice and start to panic. He pulls the steering wheel and we missed the truck by inches but the car went off the road on the grounded road next to the road and the car starts drifting. Alex luckily got control over the car and got it to stop drifting and got it to stop. I was panicking so much that I start to get an anxiety attack. I held my head in both my hands, trying to catch my breath. Looking to the floor. 

5 years ago my mom and I were in a car accident. We were driving on the road on our way home. She was tried from working double jobs and she lost control of the car when she faded away behind the wheel. The car rolled over and over, again and again, down a hill. When it stopped we both were unconscious.   Luckily there was someone behind us who called the ambulance immediately. And we both were in the hospital for 5 weeks, recovering. 

The moment I saw Alex heading for the truck, I was panicking. It brought back those memories. 

I storm out of the car and run to the back of the car. I was so nauseous from the anxiety I was getting. I throw up behind the car. I hear Leah yell at Alex. "Dude, what the fuck?"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Alex said and he gets out to get calm too. 

Leah gets out too and she comes to me. She pats me on my back and held my hair up. "Are you ok?"

I try to catch my breath to answer her "Yeah..." I just look down to the floor.

"Mia I'm so sorry." Alex said standing next to Leah. 

Dylan got out too. He was quiet. But he looked at Alex. "She was in a car accident with her mom 5 years ago." Alex explains. 

I leaned against the car and run my fingers through my hair, and finally the anxiety was calming. Alex looks at me with a sad look in his eyes. "I'm really sorry."

"I'm ok. It's ok. Just be careful next time." I said to him. 

"Don't tell your dad about any of this. He will be so mad at me."

"Alex. It's fine. No one has to know about this. We are all still alive. The car is fine. Nothing serious happen. Lets just forget this ever happened." 

"Can we go now?" Leah asks.

"Yeah." Alex says and we all got in the car. Dylan looks back to me and gives me a slight little smile. I think that was the first time I saw that he can actually smile. I ignored the smile and stare out of the window. Alex drove home slowly. 

~~~~~~~~~ 

Thank you and please vote. 

Ema and Kat.