10

Mia's guy best friend. Fun reading. 

Ema and Kat.

Sorry for the long wait but we had a problem but wattpad fixed it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went inside and my dad pulled me to go talk in his room with my step mom in there too.

He just went on and on at my step mom for causing me depression and the way she has been treating me. He was yelling at her.

"Um... Dad. Can I talk to Caroline alone?"

My dad looks at me and he looks at Caroline. She was crying and he nods at me. My dad leaves the room and Caroline wipes her tears away.

"I know your secret."

"What?" she asks.

"Well I found the certificates. The ones of Ashley James. Who was she?"

"You went through my things? I told you to stay out of my office." she raised her voice.

"I don't think now is the right time to raise your voice at me." 

I took out the certificates out of my pockets. I show it to her. She sighs.

"Mia. She's my daughter. You remind me so much of her. It's why I'm so mean to you. I miss her everyday." She starts crying.

"What happened to her?"

"It was before I met your dad. She was 3 years old when a car hit her out of nowhere, she dropped her toy while we were crossing the road and... The car came out of nowhere and hit her. We went to the hospital but it was too late when we got there. She would have been 16 years old this year. I'm so sorry Mia. I'm sorry I'm so awful to you. I don't even know myself why I am. Just every time I look at you I see her and it breaks me."

I took her hand and she looks up at me. She was crying and I could see the pain in her eyes. I hugged her and she keeps crying on my shoulder. 

"I'm so sorry Caroline."

"Don't be. I'm the one who should be sorry."

She lets me go and she takes my hands in hers.

"Can we start over?"

I looked at her and was silent for a while.

"Does my dad know?"

"No. And I'm not ready to tell him. I'm sorry I just can't." 

"Then it stays between us then. And yes we can start over."

"You will keep this between us?"

"If you promise to treat me better it stays between us."

"I promise. I'll try my best to be better towards you."

"Then we have a deal. Nobody will know."

"Can I have those back?"

"No. I'm keeping it so I can remind you what our deal is." I said and I put it back into my pockets. 

"Okay fine. But what are you going to say to your dad? And I'm so sorry that I pushed you so far."

"I forgive you. Leave my dad to me. I'll talk to him."

"Thank you Mia." she says and she hugs me.

"You don't deserve this from me. But I'm giving you a chance to proof yourself to me. If you treat me bad again I'll tell my dad everything."

She lets me go.

"Mia I promise I won't treat you like I did again."

"Not just because I know your secret?"

"Mia I really want to start over. I mean it. Maybe it will be good for both of us."

"Okay." I said and smiled at her. 

"Lets go talk to your dad then." 

She gets up and she holds her hand out to me. I put my hand in hers and smiled at her. We both walked out of the room. My dad stares at us.

"Dad I'm sorry for everything but seems like Caroline and I just had a misunderstanding. We talked things through and we both will try our best to make this work."

"Okay. So this is sorted now?"

"Yes." we both said smiling at him.

"Good. I don't want this drama between the two of you."

"We know dad. And we are going to try and get along."

"That's good. Lets go out for dinner as a family then."

"Not technically family if Dylan and Leah are with us too."

"Take it as it is Mia." 

I chuckled and Caroline chuckles too. We all went to get ready and we left to go out for dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks and don't forget to vote.