After that, he set the head phones back in his ears unable to stop smiling, "Now back to your study."

Pfft, as if that was going to happen now.

When it was time for him to leave I walked him to the door and we stood there, fingers entwined.

"Hank will be driving us tomorrow if that's okay with you?"

"It's fine... I like Hank." I smiled as I fiddled with our joined hands.

"Pick you up at six?"

"Uh-huh."

Neither one of us wanted to move or break this moment. This was nice, it was peaceful and complete. The cold air whispered against our skin as we stood outside my house. The soft light from the lamp illuminated half of his features and casted shadows on the other half giving him a mysterious look. A very handsome mysterious look.

"I should be going." Ethan breathed, but didn't move.

I didn't let go either.

He lowered his head for a moment like it usually did when he was brooding over something.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked softly.

Ethan's head snapped up and his eyes were squared on me making my heart thump loudly.

His jaw was set in determination as he took a sharp breath, "Skye, I..." his lips clammed again.

His shoulders dropped a little as he heaved out in frustration that baffled me.

I touched my palm to his face trying to read him, "Hey," I cooed gently, "What's going on?"

Ethan's eyes closed as he leaned into my hand for a second, then shook his head smiling a little, "Until tomorrow. Kiss..." Ethan leaned in, pulling me to meet him half way tenderly.

Only after that he turned and left. I waved at -the casually waiting by the car- Hank before going back inside.

When I finally closed the door, Aunt Sophie and Matt where both grinning widely with the goofiest looks on their faces.

Even though they didn't say a word, I rolled my eyes at them. "Oh shut up!" Heat starting to creep to my cheeks.

They both bubbled with laughter and I blushed a deep shade of red.

Later that night as I laid in bed, I pulled the covers over me and hugged my teddy bear. I couldn't fall asleep. Reality was finally better than dreams.

******

Checking my hair and outfit in the mirror again. I have tried eight different outfits so far. Knowing where Ethan was taking me for our first date would have made picking an outfit easier, but this was challenging. He said to wear something comfortable and warm.

I finally picked a pair of black jeans, topped that with a light blue shirt and threw a casual black and white knitted sweater. For footwear, I picked a pair of black pumps and a matching wrist-let I've borrowed from Aunt Sophie. I had my hair styled to fall loosely over my shoulder. Then finished up with a little bit of mascara and lip gloss.

I knew Ethan couldn't see me, but nonetheless I wanted to look -first date - like for him.

Ethan was right on time. By six sharp he was standing at the door. Matt let him in and I eavesdropped on their talk. I heard Ethan asking him about school, projects and friends, and his plans for the vacation. I loved it when he did that and Matt was really looking up to him.

He smiled when he heard me coming downstairs, "Hey beautiful."

"Hey." I chirped. I wasn't sure about 'beautiful' but it made me happy to hear it.