Turning back to face my parents, i spoke up. "Do you..." I swallowed, finding it hard to continue. Drawing in a breath, i seek strength from Xerxes' assuring words. "Do you know who he is?"

My father's head snapped up at me, his eyes grave and dull as he solemnly shook his head. "We still have no idea who it is. They left you there and vanished without a trace." He looked ashamed.

Nickolai's words suddenly played in my head. He seemed to know something about the incident, something no one knows. Could he be...?

I mentally shook my head for thinking such ill thoughts about Nickolai, he was a royal, what could he possibly gain from doing all that? Or could he?

"Why...did they kidnap me?" My voice was small, reflection how i was really feeling on the inside. "Did they want to...kill me because i..." I couldn't complete the sentence, i was still trying to let what my father said i was, to sink in.

It was Xerxes who answered. "No, they would never try kill you, someone who is the key to power."

"Then...?" It was all too much for me.

"Do you remember anything from that day? What he said, or tried-" His stopped himself, closing his eyes briefly as he breathed in deeply before opening them and looking down at me. "...tried to do to you?" His shoulders were tense so was his jaw.

My brian reeled over his question, i had no clear memories of the days i was kidnapped except from the nightmares i get which were obscure.

I let out an inaudible gasp, when i was suddenly reminded of my recent nightmare. It was the most lucid nightmare of my kidnapping. His words replayed in my head, making goosebumps raised in my arms.

"He wanted to...mate..." I was disgusted when i remembered his touch. "But he couldn't." I added, remembering how he hissed when he tried to touch me. "He also said, he will find me..." I looked up at Xerxes with wide panic eyes, would he really find me?

He was able to find me when i wasn't even born, then found me when i was fourteen so he could certainly find me again.

Was he somewhere around me? Someone close, someone i know? Someone in this pack? I was starting to get paranoid, suspecting anyone who i found suspicious. Zues, Nickolai or someone i don't know- Lisa's mate? I didn't feel safe anymore.

"I don't want him to find me." Tears stung my eyes as i gripped Xerxes shirt in a tight fist, pleading him with my eyes to not let them take me, away. "Please..."

Next thing i know i was engaged into a hug, Xerxes squishing me against him, as he held the back of my head, running his hand over my hair in a soothing manner. "I won't let them. I will kill anyone who try to take you away from me or bring you to harm." He promised, his aggravated directed towards my pursuers.

There was a knock on the door, making every head to turn towards the noise. "Come in." Xerxes spoke up, he didn't look surprised by someone knocking at the door, perhaps he was expecting someone.

When the door opened, the first thing i noticed was black, dark clothes. The person walked in and judging by the appearance, he was the same person who we met in the market place, the leader from the pack of abandoned wolves.

The bald guy was beside him, opening the door for him, when his eyes met mine, he ducked his head to give me a bow in respect doing the same to Xerxes. What were they doing here?

The person wearing the black clothes walked further into the room while the bald guy stood outside the door and closed it.

Xerxes almost reluctantly let go of me and stood up when he walked further into the room, our parents getting to their feet instantly when they saw Xerxes on his feet. I went to do the same when Xerxes pushed me back down lightly by his hand on my shoulder. He shook his head at me, letting me know it was okay.