Chapter 15

Nichole

I woke up when I heard movement from behind me. I turned around to see Darius in all black. He was in the middle of putting on the hoodie when he noticed me watching him. I sat all the way up and looked at the time 1:43 A.M.
"Darius?"
He said nothing, just continued to get dressed. The look on his face told me exactly what he was going to do.
"Darius it's not going to bring Mike back. Stop this and let it go."
"You sound stupid as fuck right now, Nichole.He was family, I'm not letting him go."
"But do you think he would want you to put yourself out there to get killed, just to give him Justice."
"Nichole, man leave me the fuck alone. While you were too busy getting your ass beat, we all made a promise to each other."
My eyes were huge and my jaw was hanging so far down. I can't believe he said that. He was hurting, I know he was they were all like brothers. I was only looking out for him, did he have to say that no, but as much as I tried to come up with an excuse for him, it didn't stop the tears. I just laid in bed and faced away from him, I'm giving him all the space he need.
I heard more movement before I heard his gun click. I closed my eyes tight not wanting to think of what might happen to him. It wasn't long before the door close behind me. I waited until I then heard Darius leave out the front door before I jumped up and locked my door. I laid back into my bed and waited until sleep took over me.

I was waken up by a knock on my door.
"Yes?"
"I just wanted to let you two know that I am heading off to work, Ariel is still sleeping, I will be back by dinner."

You two? Did she think that Darius was with me?

"Ok."
I didn't say anything about Darius's whereabouts, because with the funeral yesterday, she would worry about Darius's safety. I waited for her to walk away before I sat up and slid on some shorts then walked into my bathroom to pee then complete my hygiene. When I walked out the room, I walked upstairs to first check on Ariel then to Darius's room. And just like I predicted, he was not there.
I walked downstairs to the kitchen and started making me and Ariel some breakfast: pancakes, eggs, and sausage patties.
It wasn't long before she came down, so we both sat on the floor and watched Disney shows. As much as I didn't want to be, I was worried about Darius. He's been out for hours and I don't know what to think.
As if on cue he walks in with Trey and Chris behind him.
"Da-Da (DAE-DAE)."
Ariel jumped from her spot and ran into his arms and he caught her and starting kissing all over her face. I smiled, but when Darius eyes locked with mine, I quickly looked away. I was still hurt by what he said this morning.
"What's up sis?"
"Hey guys."
I picked up me and Ariel's plates and headed to the kitchen.
I started to wash all the dishes I used this morning.
"Nichole."
I looked behind me to see Darius walking into the kitchen. I turned back around and continued cleaning.
"Nichole, baby, I'm sorry."
"Yeah I bet."
"It's just..."
"Just that I was too busy getting my ass beat to know y'all made a promise to each other."
"I was wrong, I know that. I stooped way too low."
I sighed in defeat then placed the dishes up to dry. I turned around and leaned my back against the sink with my arms crossed over my chest. Darius walked in front of me and placed one hand on my waist and the other on my chin making me look at him.
"Nichole I'm sorry. I love you, you know I do."
I rolled my eyes and Darius placed me over his shoulder and walked towards my room. I couldn't help the fit of laughter that came out of my mouth.
"Aye."
I looked up to see everyone now staring at us.
"I'll be back."
Chris and Trey laughed, but I hit Darius's back.
"I'm still mad at you."
"That's ok princess give me a quick 10 minutes and you will be ok."
"Darius."
He shut and locked my door then threw me on the bed. He threw his shirt to the side and crawled between my legs. You know the rest.