Chapter 13

Darius

I was talking to the guys as I watched Nichole talk to Maya. It's hard to believe that I actually have her, she is beautiful, sweet and shy, but in bed she is a whole other person.
I noticed she was now looking at me, so I sent her a wink and bit my lip at her. I watched her blush and when the bell rung for school to start I walked over to her, lifted her chin and kissed her lips until she started laughing.
"Darius, stop."
"I love you, girl."
She laughed at the voice I made as she pushed my chest back.
"We have to get to class."
I took her books and threw my arm around her neck.

We were in gym and it was me, Nichole and Maya sitting in the bleachers throwing jokes. That was until Trey and Chis ran up to me.
"D, man we got a problem."
"What you mean?"
Trey looked over at Nichole and Maya before looking back at me. I knew then that it had to do with trapping.
"I'll be back, baby."
"What's wrong? Where are you going?"
"I have some things I need to handle."
I got up heading out the gym while the coach's back was turned.
"What's up?"
"One if our traps were robbed."
"Damn."
Chris stopped me and they had a sad face.
"What aren't y'all telling me?"
"Mike was hit."
I looked between Chris and Trey to see if they were joking.
"What?"
"His funeral is Friday. Ma isn't taking it so well."
"We need to handle this, and I mean now. Get the rest of the crew and I want everyone there yesterday."

Nichole

I was confused by what just happened, but I wanted to know what were they not saying.
"I'll be right back."
I walked into the hallway, just as Darius, Trey and Chris were heading to the doors.
"Darius."
I ran up to him and the look on his face was of pure anger and determination.
"Baby what's wrong?"
"Nothing go back."
"No talk to me."
"Nichole, I will later."
With that Darius walked out of the school and I looked dumbfounded. I then turned around and walked back into the gym with Maya.

I was in the living room waiting for Darius to come in. I got a ride from Maya when Darius didn't come back to school. I looked at the time; it was 8:53 p.m. and he still wasn't back. I was getting a little worried I couldn't help but to think the worst, he hasn't answered any of my calls or messages. I didn't say anything to Ms. Ann because I didn't want her to worry just as much. I just hope everything is ok.

I woke up to the sound of the door opening. I took a quick glance at the clock; it's 1:39 a.m and he is just now getting in. I sat up and turned my head towards the door.
"Hey."
"Hey."
Darius sat next to me putting his head in his hands. I sat up full embracing him.
"How did it go?"
"His momma is so messed up. She could barely do anything. I always remembered her as hardcore and tough since I first met Mike. It's like she is a whole other person."
I kissed his shoulder then rested my head on his shoulder.
"Darius, I can't imagine the pain you are going through, but look at this as a lesson. Life is short, the ones you love can slip through your fingers so quick...I know what you do, I don't like it, but think about is it worth putting your mom through the same pain."
Darius sighed and the look on his face was evident that I was getting to him.
"Your right, but the streets taught me when my mom was too broken to teach me to be a man."
"Darius, baby that may be true, but that is not who you are. Just because someone taught you how to do something or be someone doesn't mean that will determine your future."
Darius nodded and turned his head towards me.
"I love you Nicknack."
I smiled really big. And threw my arms around his neck.
"You finally found me a nickname. I love you too, my Captain D."
Darius scrunched up his nose as he looked away.
"Eww that shit ugly."
"Oh hush and give me a kiss."
I smiled as he leaned in and instead of him kissing me, he bit my lip causing me to moan.
"Oh now you started something."
I laughed as Darius leaned over me and lifted my body in his arms. He stood up and made his way into my room, closing the door with his foot and the rest is up to your imagination.

Alright lovely people. I want:
15+ votes
10+ comments
If you want to see the next chapter