Chapter 8

Nichole POV

Where do I began? Everything has changed and it's only been 3 long and stressful weeks. Darius and that girl Renae are a thing now and it's just so annoying. They have sex every time Ms. Ann and Ariel are not home. I mean I'm happy he is happy, but deep down I wanted it to be with me. It's even weird to ride to school with them. They are always holding hands and at every other stop light they kiss. I know I sound jealous, that's because I am. I was protecting him and myself from Kendall, who is all over the country meeting up with dope boys, that I'm not doing what I want.
It's too late though, he's happy and I'll be damned if I'm the reason he can't be happy, he won't be happy.
"Nichole."
I looked up to see Trey staring at me. Once I got a good look I realized that I was the only one in class. I picked up my things and followed him to the gym.
I walked into the locker room and like always a few girls had something to get off their chest about me. Ignoring them, I met Maya in the back and started undressing, leaving me in my black sports bra and peach underwear, to put on my gym clothes. My gym clothes consists of a pair of black nike shorts, and a white shirt. As soon as Maya and I walked out of the locker room, the first thing that caught my eyes were Darius and Renae. I shook my head and followed Maya to the bleachers and we sat there and talked the whole class.

As soon as class was over and I changed out of my gym clothes, I ran to catch up with Trey.
"Hey, um what are you about to do?"
"I was just heading to the cafeteria to hang with the guys, why what's up?"
"Can we go somewhere and talk?"
He looked skeptical at first, but agreed anyway. We left out the school side doors and ran to his car before the security guards would come out and search the property.

We pulled into the nearest wing place and dined in.
"So what's up?"
"You and Darius have been friends for a long time, right?"
"Yeah why?"
"Did he say anything about Renae?"
"Oh I see what's going on, your jealous."
"What? No."
"Really Nichole, I see shit. You don't need to lie?"
"Trey, I thought that by keeping him away from me I was protecting him from my past, but I think on it and it sounds so stupid now."
The waiter brought our food and we started eating.
"Nichole, it is stupid. Your letting someone who is not here, destroy your future. I think your scared of history repeating itself. I'm not stupid, I have known Darius since forever and you got him wrapped around your finger."
"Really?"
"Please, he would run to you in a heartbeat. Tell him how you feel and stop living with caution. Darius wouldn't hurt you. And you need to tell him before things get serious between those two."
I nodded then we continued to eat. Once we were done, Trey paid for our meal and we hurried back to school before we would be late for 4 block.

As I sat in class, I pulled out a sheet of paper and wrote down what I was going to say to Darius.

I love you. I know it's confusing, but it won't be after you read this. I grew up not knowing my dad and my mom turning to drugs for closure and feeling that emptiness in her. When I was in the 10 grade I moved in with my long time boyfriend. I wanted to get as far away from my old life as possible, so I ran to the first person with open arms. It was great at first, then he turned verbally abusive then the words turned to action. When I finally got away I saw you and I knew I loved you by the way you held onto me that night. I had been so afraid that my past would come back and hurt me that I pushed away the one thing I wanted most. You. I hate that I'm telling you this so late, but better late than never, right?
~Nichole

Once the bell rung for us to go home, I hurried and placed the paper in Darius locker. I then met up with Maya as she drove me home. As I was coming in the house. Ms. Ann was leaving out to go to work. I threw my things on the couch and walked into the kitchen to get a water from the fridge.
"Hey honey, shrimp Alfredo is in the oven. I have to work a double tonight so I will be back tomorrow afternoon. Ariel is spending the weekend with her friends."
"Ok thank you Ms. Ann."
"Your welcome sweetie, tell Darius I love him."
"Ok I will."
Ms. Ann left out the door and I locked it behind her. I then walked to my room and started undressing so I could take a shower.

40+ votes
10+ comments for the next chapter