{27} Blind 👀

y/n POV

Hey, I'm y/n, I'm 19 and I have been blind for my whole life. I've been living my life through touch and hearing.

My vision is not dark everything is just like really blurry where you can't make out anything at all.

It sucks not being able to see, I'm homeschooled so I don't have any friends, I have a phone but I don't text or anything.

My mom has been saving up so I could get eye surgery and I'm can't wait but I'm also scared that if the procedure goes wrong my eyes will be permanently damaged.

I had a nurse that would take me around to places when my mom was at work. Right now she's out because her son got into a fight at school so she went to get him.

But she said she'll be back soon. My nurse is Mandy, she's my mom's age and is my only real friend, I don't have friends my age.

I hear the front door open and close. I open my door and feel my way downstairs. I hear two people talking.

"Just because he was talking about you didn't mean you had to hit him." Mandy voice said, clearly mad at her son I'm guessing.

"If you heard what I did I'm pretty sure you would hit him too." The sound of the boy voice sounded mature and not like a little boy's voice that I was expecting.

"When we get home your grounded." Mandy says.

"Why can't I just go home now?" He says clearly annoyed.

"Because it seems like I can't even trust you to walk home without getting into another fight."

"Why do I have to stay and watch you take care of a blind chick." He says. I decided to make my presence known.

"Well apparently this blind chick has feelings." I could feel them both stare at me as I walked down the stairs.

"y/n, you know you can't walk downstairs without supervision." Mandy says.

"I've done plenty of dangerous stuff without you here, walking down stairs is nothing." I explained

Mandy then clears her throat. "y/n this is my son, Zion." I sent a wave in his direction, hopefully.

"And Zion this is y/n my favorite patient." Mandy says.

"I'm your favorite because I'm not annoying as others." I said and she chuckles.

"True." Then her phone rangs. "Seriously it's the school again." I'm assuming she's answered the phone.

"Hello." She said. "Yes, this is she." . "Elom?". "Ok I'll be right there". She hangs up the phone.

"Elom just got into a fist fight." She let's out a sigh. "I swear you get that from your father.". "Y/N wou-."

"Go ahead I'll be fine, I'll make up an excuse for when my mom gets here." I said.

"Thanks, this is why you are my favorite, Zion you stay here and don't get into a fight with the neighbors while your at it." Mandy says. I let out a chuckle and I hear the door open and close claiming that Mandy left.

I could feel Zion staring at me but I don't let it faze me. "So your blind." He says.

"I've noticed." I said sarcastically.

"What's it like?" He asked.

"I can't watch movies or text people or see people in general but other than that I've been having a blast."

"Your very sarcastically."

"It's in my blood, I can't help it sometimes."

"But seriously is the world all black to you?" He asked.