Startled by the honk of a car that was blocking my own, another wave hit me clouding my vision. The passenger's window slid down and the person inside adjusted themselves to have a better look, "Hey, are you okay? You don't look too good." The voice sounded distant, and the face was a little blurry, but I figured it was the professor.

"Damn, and here I thought I had picked a good outfit today." I probably sounded somewhat arrogant-usual aftermaths of my migraines. She rolled her eyes in annoyance, took a quick glance at her wristwatch, and then looked back at me.

"You know what I mean. You look sick, you should stay in today." Even though she seemed annoyed, her words were veiled in concernment, and perhaps that sobered me up a little, that or the crazy idea of staying in when I had three different classes that morning.

I gathered my things on the floor, and then walked closer to her car-a pearl 2015 Hyundai Sonata-, resting my arm on the passenger's open window and bending down to have a better look in, I explained, "That's really not an option, yours isn't the only class I have today, there are two others right after yours."

She took a long breath and a troubled semblance seemed to have taken over her face before opening the passenger's door from the inside and almost knocking me on the floor, "Sorry." I guess being clumsy was her thing, "Now, get in here. You can't drive like that." I was about to protest but she put on her bossy face.

"Don't fight me on this, we are both late already. Now. Get. Your. Ass. In. Here." She ordered taking me by surprise.

I would not have picked her as someone to swear, but then again, even something like that still sounded exquisite when coming out of her mouth.

I got my computer from the hook of my car, and with the rest of my things in hands I walked to hers closing the door and fastening the seatbelt as fast as I could so I would not get on her way anymore than necessary. We drove out of the garage in silence before I decided to pop the bubble.

"Thanks. For the ride, I mean. You didn't have to." We were harboring the habit of being in each other's company while in awkward silences, "I owned you one anyhow."

She was one of those concentrated drivers that didn't took their eyes of the road, but then again, she was driving like a maniac, "So, what's the problem? Are you sick? That must be one hell of a hangover." She was being judgmental, and I was over my head with the amount of times people concluded I was only one more reckless grad student. I took a while to answer as I huffed and turned to the window.

"No hangover here. Never had one of those, I was always a collected drinker." I responded defensively.

"I would rather it were one, at least it would be the bad result to a good night of fun." I was ready to stop there, but she made me feel like I had to explain myself to her, "I have constant migraines, I don't know why, but it's been nonstop since December. I meant to go see a doctor, but I've been delaying it."

The look on her face softened resembling guilt, "Sorry for assuming. If that is the case, you should see a neurologist. I've a... friend. I could give you her number, she's kind of hard to get an appointment with, but when you call for an appointment, say my name, that should do the trick." There was something, I could not quite figure out what, but the way she said friend got me intrigued.

Her offer was too good to pass on so I told her I would like it if she could give me the number to clinic, she nodded telling me to remind her after class.

I checked the time again, it read 8:31am. But then realized there was no getting late when you are arriving with the professor, so I relaxed leaning farther on the passenger's seat. I also knew we were going to arrive there in time, sort of, thanks to her crazy driving skills.