ASTRID'S POV

I sit in the backyard, just staring at my hands as my thoughts take me miles away. Thoughts run through my mind, my hands grabbing at the meat that has formed over my bones, it makes me want to cringe.

The feel of a soft hand on my back brings me back to reality, the reality that I don't want to live in sometimes.

"Ash..?" She asks hesitantly.

Uncertainty written all over her face, worry showing in her eyes but compassion in her body language. Her platinum blonde hair falling down in her eyes but the light brown of her eyes shining through with a magical sparkle I've never seen before.

"Uh, yeah?" I ask confused.

"Are you okay?" She asks hesitantly, the worry surfacing before she continues,"You are so distant. What's up?"

I sigh, my whole body feeling weights pulling me down, forcing me to the ground. I honestly just want to crawl into bed, curling up in a ball and just letting my body fall away as my mind soars high in the sky, free like a bird.

"You used me to get back at Maddie. I'm not just someone you get to use. I have feeling, I have respect for myself and what you did wasn't fucking right!" I snap, getting to my feet and nearly falling.

My arms start to feel the slight chill from Autumn silently slipping into its place as Summer is starting to come to an end. I knew I should have brought a jacket, I absolutely hate it when Ryder is right it is honestly not fucking fair. I will never hear the end of it. Urgh!

Bea's hand grabs my arm, pulling me, making me spin around to come face to face with her. Her brown eyes looking deep into my own, our faces just inches apart.

"I really like you Ash.."

She presses her lips to mine, our eyes closed and lips moving in sync.

"I like you too Bea.."

RYDER'S POV

I sit on Demi's lap, her arms wrap around my waist. I watch the kids run around, their laughter filling the house perfectly as Sammi takes photos.

"Sammi, sit down!" I demand, taking the camera from her hands.

"Fine," she sighs, sitting down on the couch next Demi, pouting at me.

I just roll my eyes at her, I walk from the inside to outside. I raise the camera, my eye and capturing the photo of Bea with her lips locked with Astrid.

I walk back inside, my eyes land on the kids watching them play. I take photos of my mum with my beautiful little sister sleeping on her. These are the moments in the future I want to be reminded of, the times everyone was so happy or my kids are so innocent. So untouched by the evil in this world, the evil I try to protect then from.

(Flash Back Starts)

"Mummy!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

She comes running in, her eyes locking over my little body for some sort of injury.

Tears run down my cheeks, my lips quivers and my whole body shakes. My mum kneels down, I wrap my arms around her neck letting my tears fall down her neck. I shove my head into the crook of my neck, she just hugs me to her body and sings to me.

"Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase

Hakuna Matata, ain't no passing craze

It means no worried for the rest of your days

It's our problem free philosophy, Hakuna Matata

Why, when he was young warthog

When I was a young warthog