3. psycho reputation and words

Start from the beginning

Sidney raised an eyebrow.

"What? Just because he can part the Red Sea with one glare, doesn't mean he should. They look at him like he's some kind of God."

Kat chuckled, "Or a devil."

I rolled my eyes, as I heard her thick accent coming into play, "Whatever. All I know is there's something shoved up his ass and he needs to get it checked."

"What a fine ass it is," Sidney muttered as she bit her lip and twisted her caramel colored hands around the skateboard that she was holding.

"Sidney!" Kat shrieked, covering Phoenix's ears as I chuckled a little.

Phoenix shook his head, laughing, before disconnecting her hands from his ears, "I've heard worse," he assured as he lent down to peck her cheek.

Kat wasn't a fan of PDA and he respected that.

That's how nice of a guy he was.

Why would anyone beat him up?

The bell rang, disconnecting me and Sidney from the entire group as my feet made their own way to my next class, her trailing behind in her Clemson hoodie.

⌄⌃⌄⌃⌄⌃⌄

"Is this seat taken?" I asked as I placed my books beside the kid in Psychology. His head was on the desk and he widened his eyes when he'd gotten close enough to recognize that I was talking to him.

"S-s-sorry... Is this your seat. I'm sorry, I'll just leave." Luca muttered, in his thick accent, his blue eyes widening behind his wide rimmed glasses as he picked up his books and started to stand. He ran a hand through his curly brown hair but stopped when I sent him an amused look, shaking my head at him and sitting in the seat next to him.

"You're new here, right? I'm Emerson."

He just nodded his head before looking at the table in front of him, sitting cautiously back in the seat as he started to calm down.

As the bell rang and everyone got situated in the classroom, I stared ahead of me, running my fingers over the pencils that lay on the table.

And then Oliver walked in.

What a coincidence, they put the psychopath in psychology.

And I know what you're thinking, it was so stereotypical high school for us to be in the same class. And I agree that it was completely cliché.

There was even that one nerd who looked like he would shit his pants... And that so happened to be Luca.

The only thing more cliché was when everyone went silent, as if he pulled a Zac Efron in Seventeen Again.

The only thing that wasn't completely ripped off from teen dramas was the fact that the girls weren't drooling over him... Most actually stared at him in astonishment, some in disgust and one girl looked as if she wanted to hang off his arm like a leech but she was too afraid to get close.

And when Sidney bit her lip as he sat beside her, I nearly wanted to spare her from the starstruck moment she had, gripping onto her pen as she frightfully checked him out.

Shamelessly.

And I wondered why I couldn't be as obvious as Sidney when she wanted something.

And at the moment, it seemed to be Oliver.

⌄⌃⌄⌃⌄⌃⌄

"Remind me again why I took Psychology..." I mumbled to myself as I tore my gaze from the scene and actually read the assignment on the board.

"Write down one word that describes you. Don't write your name, just that one word."

Easy right?

Wrong.

Because what word really describes me?

Is it simple or maybe something more complex?

Over a million words in the English dictionary and it's terribly hard to settle on just one... So which one describes me?

Giving up, I stared at the blank piece of paper as I held my pen in my hand.

Tracing out a couple loops and turns, I wrote one word in big bold letters.

Undecided.

I stared at that one word for what felt like hours but might've been no more than five minutes. Still, I couldn't come up with a word that meant more and could describe me in more detail.

Looking around I saw that a girl had written infinite and someone else had written a word along the lines of hungry.

I looked beside me and Luca's paper was turned upside down, blocking me from seeing what he had written.

I couldn't see Sidney's paper from here but I knew that it'd probably say something about sports considering that basketball, dancing, skateboarding, and everything else physical was her life.

Em, you're taking this way too seriously.

Ignoring the sudden feeling of having to erase the word and start over, I placed my pen down, and stared blankly at the teacher.

I was the last person to finish as always and Mrs. Cadigan was patient enough to wait for me to finish before moving on with the lesson.

"Now, I want you to ball up that piece of paper. Just crumple it up," she directed, waving her hand at our confused faces. One by one, we were all trying to dissect her hidden meaning of this useless exercise.

Following her orders, I shaped my paper into a sloppy paper ball as everyone else did. The sound of papers crinkling echoing throughout the class room.

Mrs. Cadigan nodded once we had finished and then she'd instructed us to throw the paper ball.

Yes, throw it. Throw it blindly.

Mindlessly, I threw mine weakly and ducked when I'd witnessed one barreling towards me. Glaring at Sidney, she simply smiled sheepishly and turned back around, catching a paper ball as it flew towards her.

This went on for a couple minutes, just throwing the paper balls around and Mrs. Cadigan trying to settle us down.

"Alright, enough," she spoke loudly as she glared amusedly at a kid when he pelted her in the face with one.

"Well, the point of this was to understand the inter-workings of your mind and your peers. Now, pick one up and open it. I want you to write down four synonyms of that word and guess who's it is. Put your name a the top of your paper and place it in the pile when you're done. After that I want you to continue on the reading from last week."

I didn't even have to guess when I opened up my piece of paper.

'Psychopathic'

Without a doubt in my mind, I knew it was Oliver Remmer.

And then I regretted taking Psychology even more because nothing sparked my interest more than the little reason he had behind writing such a word about himself.

And the curiosity of Oliver would eventually be my downfall.

A/N:

Crappy chapter, I know...

And I know that you expect more of me honestly, I expect more of myself. I hate this chapter but I couldn't find a way to rewrite it. It probably doesn't even make sense.

But I promise that the next one will be WAY better. This was just a filler.

Updated: Monday, Oct 13.

What's a word that describes you?