One

Trigger warning: Dr*gs, N*edles

It had been a whole week I'd been moved into the home of one of those people.

I had been on the street waiting for some loose change, maybe some food but not this.

A man had leered from behind his dark shades and asked me what I wanted:
To live my life like this forever, or to follow the man... and make myself useful.

I was promised clothes, food, shelter and anything else I could ask for.

A part of me thought this was a joke and so I initially shook my head at the man.

He continued to scoff and returned towards a black sedan car.
" Have it your way and starve then..."

I'd called at him hesitantly but ran over like a desperate child.

Safe to say... I was still on edge. The moment I'd arrived two male guards stripped me and threw me into a shower room where water burned down on me. Another man stood by scrubbing at me aggressively.
It hurt and it reminded me of something violent. I was worried nothing good could come from here.

Not long after that I was met by another unfamiliar person in a Plain white room, a computer sat at one side, along with a long bed like chair. A grey curtain draped around the whole thing.

The man; who was a stern small man, with more volume in his moustache than the hair on his head, stared at me then down at his folder.

" Elaine?" He questioned pouting at me disappointedly. Probably at his own pronunciation.

I cleared my throat having not spoken for ages "Ellyn..."

He tutted looking up at me, and then continued to run back and forth between his computer and the documents.

After several judgemental stares from his dark soulless eyes and a mountain of questions. He eventually sighed aloud, scratching at his forehead.

Apparently he didn't know what to do with me. So for the whole week they kept me locked up, in my underwear and a surgical gown. The room was plain white.

I'd spent hours wondering what they were going to do to me.

Were they watching me? Experimenting on me?
Planning to sell me like cattle?

I swallowed hard at the thoughts.
As though I was in some asylum... They kept me in this confined room... Every five hours or so... They brought in a tray of food.

Surprisingly... It wasn't... At all something you'd consider food for cattle.

The first day I'd arrived, I was fed meat, rice, vegetables and a tall glass of water. Tea would always come shortly after with two biscuits.

Where I stood now in the week...
I sorta liked it here. I mean I was full after every meal and comfortable.

After two days they began bringing in newspapers. So to speak, this was all I could ever ask for in my simplistic life.

But then there came a day, I awoke to arguments and shouting outside my door.

I couldn't recognise the voice but the minute the door lock clicked open I sat up on the bed.

A tall broad shouldered man walked in, in a suit. He cautiously looked around the room, and when he spotted me he confidently strode over.

He was an older man...maybe in his thirties or forties, he had rare flicks of silver in his hair that threatened that he may have been even older and yet when he spoke... It was evident in the lightness of his voice that he must have only been in his thirties.