11. monica

i was finishing my final week of college before i graduate

i was finishing my final week of college before i graduate. after graduation i was probably going to go work at a recording studio.

i was excited to finally be having the rest of my life ahead of me.

after class i went over for my shift and i saw sierra and she greeted me with a hug.

"i haven't seen you in awhile." she said as i smiled at her.

"yeah, been busy finishing up school." i told her as she nodded.

"when do you graduate?" she asked me.

"friday." i replied.

"oh, my god. that's amazing, we should go out after. you know, have a girls night." sierra suggested.

"yeah, totally." i replied.

i went over to lip and noticed he looked stressed.

"hey, you okay?" i asked him.

"monica, she, uh, left us some meth worth 10 grand. one for all of us." lip explained to me.

"wow, that sounds like monica." i replied.

"and grandpa bill came by. the funeral is tomorrow, were you gonna come?" lip asked me.

i could tell by looking in his eyes that he wanted desperately for me to come.

"of course." i replied with a small smile.

-

we were all going to say goodbye to monica today. the gallagher and wilson family were there. trevor was there, kevin and veronica were there. and monica's father was also there.

everyone had a speech to say about her from the family. when fiona went up, she read something from her book.

"i don't really know what that mean, she just had it underlined in her book. i don't really know what else to say about her. you couldn't count on her, but she never had a bad thing to say about anyone, and she always had a good time. and that's something." fiona said tearing up.

she went back to her seat and lip put his arm around her. i looked over at lip and i held his hand tightly and he gave me a sad smile.

we were all about to get up when frank decided he wanted to get up and make a speech of his own.

"monica was the love of my life, and i knew that the first time i ever saw her. i was in college, going nowhere, bored. summer internships with state farm insurance. uh, junior year i was in the dorm, studying. and some buddies had a-an extra concert ticket. i never really liked supertramp, but i went anyway, and.... she jumped into the window of my car. she was running from this big dude. he had a gun, and she was screaming, don't rape me again! and i had to loan her my shirt, cause... she was naked. and that was it. my pilot light was out and monica was the gas company. she taught me how to live. she changed everything. first time i ever did a line of coke... was with monica. we loved a lot. we fought a lot. every time i look into one of-- you kids faces, i see her face looking back at me-- smiling, laughing. she was strong. and you're strong. and she was brave, and you're brave. i know you didn't think much of her, but... she loved you. and you wouldn't be who you are and i wouldn't be who i am, if she hadn't come into our lives. so, hate her if you want... but she's in you, ana that's a good thing. and i miss you, moni. and it's hard as hell. i love you." frank said giving her one last kiss.

we buried her and then we went back to the gallagher house for a party. i went out into the kitchen to grab a beer when i saw the door was open. i walked out and saw lip sitting out on the steps with his coffee mug.

"hey, what are you doing out here?" i asked him as he looked up at me.

"uh- coffee." he replied as i sat down next to him.

"that's good, i'm proud of you." i told him.

"kind of fucked really. i miss everything about drinking." lip admitted.

"well, is there anything that you can do about that?" i asked him.

"i can sit out here, drink a gallon of coffee. maybe, uh, knit a sweater." he said taking off his blazer and putting it around my shoulders.

i noticed that he was looking at me with a small smile on his face and i couldn't help but admire him. he was really trying to stop drinking.

"a sweater?" i questioned.

"it's a long story. i really think i fucked it all up. all my life, uh... my future, what's left of it. i want to try to go back to college." lip told me.

"then you should do it." i replied.

"it's not that easy. i feel like i'd have to start all over." lip said.

"and? you're young it's still possible." i said looking down at him.

"not that young." lip argued.

"young enough." i said.

"you know, professor youens. he seems, inexplicably, to still give a shit about me." lip said.

"well, there's a lot of people who still inexplicably give a shit about you." i told him as he looked over at me and smiled.

"oh, shit." he muttered.

"what is it?" i asked him.

"uh, frank. come here." lip said as he got up and he grabbed my hand and lead me inside the house.

he brought me inside and we walked into the living room and i knew he wanted to dance. i smiled and started to dance with me.

we all were dancing and that was how we ended the night.

but after that day, we were all moving on from life. debbie was going to take welding, ian was still saving lives, lip was still going to his meetings, fiona bought an apartment building to fix up, carl was still going to be in the army, emma was going to be finishing high school in two years, taylor was starting to work for fashion design while still maintaining her sobriety, mike was getting his own apartment where he would focus more on his photography job then there was me.

i was finally gonna be a college graduate and go into the real world. now was my time.

so this is the last chapter of this book i hope u all liked it and the new book for season 8 is up so check it out!!