6. apache brother

after we left patsys, i got changed into modern summer clothes and i grabbed a blanket and pillows and lip and i went over to a field where we could sit under the stars

i set the blanket down on the grass while lip threw down the pillows on top and then he both laid down and looked up at the sky and i felt him lace our fingers together.

"you know, i graduate from college in a year and i'm honestly terrified." i admitted.

"i'm gonna be there in the front row cheering you on. and don't be scared to ask for help when you're trying to figure things out because that's what i did wrong." lip said as it went silent and we both just looked up at the stars.

"you remember when we first met?" i asked lip.

"yeah, we were six and i remember you had your hair in these cute little pigtails and you really loved the zebra animal crackers. for some reason you'd never eat the other ones." lip said making us both laugh.

"well, i remember you would always put glue on your hands just to peel it off after and i thought that was crazy, but despite what i thought, i knew we had to be friends." i said.

"whys that?" lip asked me.

"because you were the first person that actually wanted to be friends with a redhead who's mother was a cold hearted bitch. kids wouldn't talk to me because they'd seen my moms ways and it scared them." i explained.

"i didn't care who your parents were, i only cared about who you were because we aren't our parents." lip said.

"it was like you saw all my darkness and looked at it like it was beautiful." i said as lip looked over at me and gave me a small smile.

"i thought if i knew your darkness i could learn your true beauty and really get to know you." lip admitted as i kissed him and we both pulled away and i smiled at him.

"i'm so in love with you, phillip gallagher." i said looking at him in awe.

it was true, i really did love lip. i couldn't see myself loving anyone else that wasn't phillip roan gallagher.

"and i'm deeply in love with you, melanie wilson." lip replied as we both went back in for another kiss.

it wasn't the hot and heavy kind of kiss, it was the kind of kiss that said 'i love you' without using words.

for the rest of the night, we spent it cuddling and telling stories from the past and we both eventually fell asleep under the moonlight. it was perfect.