3. mangled mess

later that day i got a call from ian asking if i wanted to go out to lunch with him

later that day i got a call from ian asking if i wanted to go out to lunch with him. he had also invited lip over but he was over at an internship so he was gonna be late.

"so, you and lip seem good again." ian said as we ate our fries.

"yeah, we aren't back together yet. i just wanna make sure he's really changed before jumping back into anything." i told my best friend.

"you know, i always loved the two of you together." ian replied as we both saw an suv pull up and i saw lip step out of it.

"damn." i said.

"whoo. nice wheels." ian said.

"nice wheels is right." i said.

"ah, thanks, i jacked it.... or it's one of my boss's cars. sent me to get it detailed." lip said taking a seat at the table with us.

"detailed?" i asked seeing the car was shiny.

"looks pretty clean already." ian said.

"yeah, i was thinking about just wiping it down, pocketing the 100 bucks." lip said.

"i don't have a lot of time, so i ordered for you." ian told his older brother.

"sweet, thanks. so what's up? you sounded pretty freaked." lip said.

when ian had called the both of us out to lunch, i could tell that there was something he wanted to tell us.

"i, uh... confronted caleb about that chick. he's screwing her." ian told us.

"really? i guess that by the way he stuck his tongue down her throat." i said eating my food.

"i guess there's something to be said for honesty, right?" lip said trying to look on the bright side.

"expect he says it's not cheating." ian said as i furrowed my brow.

"how so?" i asked.

"yeah, how'd he come up with that reasoning?" lip asked.

"says if it were a guy, then he'd be cheating." ian said as i let out a sigh.

"i guess that kind of sort of makes sense. i'd rather have my girlfriend sleeping with other chicks than some dude." lip said.

"you ever fuck a guy before?" ian asked lip.

"fuck, no." lip replied.