Protective (Part 2)

Going to make this 3 parts now oof.

Clem is reunited with Kenny, but the man started to take advantage of the kids in his presence. He didn't take a liking to one boy in particular.

"Clem and AJ are insi-"

"KENNY!" ...

The trio looked up to see Clementine up in the watch tower, shaking with disbelief.

"CLEM!" The old man, now identified as Kenny, shouted in reply.

It'd been many years since Clem had seen her dear friend, and of course temporary father figure. Clem had believed that Kenny had a fatal death. Despite, he was still alive standing right before her very eyes. She used to think he was probably a walker, roaming the forest. However, none of them thoughts where true. Kenny was somehow alive, looking fit and healthy to say the least. 

He still had that eye patch, covering his severe wound what had occurred many years ago.

Clem escaped from inside of the school as quick as possible, running up to Kenny and giving him the biggest hug ever.

She smiled along with the man, his tough grip wrapping around her small figure. The pair started sobbing uncontrollably, whilst AJ ran out to see the commotion.

Kenny watched the darker toned boy peer around the corner shyly. An enormous grin spread across the mans face as he watched the boy smile softly.

"My my.. you've grown quite a bit." Kenny chuckled through his cry's, watching the boy edge closer to him.

The much older man knelt down on one knee to get a better view of young boy.

"AJ.. this is Kenny." Clem said shakily as she was still in shock, watching his expression on his face.

Of course, AJ accepted Kenny's welcoming hug as he opened up his larger arms up to him. The young boy had no idea who this man was, all he could recall was Clem's story's about him.

The three of them joined in on a group hug, shedding tears as the reunion warmed their hearts immensely.

Louis was still utterly confused, he was annoyed he couldn't remember any details of what Clem had told him about this hairy old fucker.

* * *

Marlon had welcomed Kenny into the group. Some of the kids didn't approve of this, as Marlon wasn't following the most important rule of them all. No adults allowed. But Clem had convinced him enough, besides they could use another strong and experienced helping hand. Especially from a wise old man.

The leader showed Kenny his room, and offered him some food along with some sanitary items for when he bathed.

Omar had given him some sloppy looking food, which Kenny assumed was soup.

Clem and AJ followed the man with the bowl of slop in his hands to the picnic benches outside.

The three of them sat down comfortably up on the wooden benches.

"How did you.. escape?" Clem asked Kenny the one questioned what had been lingering on her mind.

"Honestly Clem, I don't know. It's all a bit of a blur." He replied truthfully. "I've been searching for you and the boy ever since."