Hope - Season 2 Epilogue

Adara huddled against the stone wall in her cold cell deep in the prison of the Akkala Citadel. Torchlight twinkled outside the bars and a steady drip of water echoed through the forsaken halls. She didn't have to stay there - she still had leverage to use - but the quiet and peacefulness of the prison gave her plenty of time to think and process all that happened four days ago.

Zel was gone. The sword taken, she presumed, by Rangtar. The fate of the Alchemist and his daughter she did not know. Soon the Demon King Demise would escape his prison and terrorize the world worse than the Calamity ever did.

She alone could stop it...chosen by the dragon for the task.

But why had destiny brought her to these life revelations only to throw her in the most dangerous dungeon known to humanity? What could she do? How could she escape?

Why did the dragon choose her?

The last question haunted her more than anything. She deserved justice, but the world needed her help first. She deserved a murderer's condemnation, but the Sacred Realm had seen fit to give her forgiveness. She deserved to have died in the jaws of the dragon, but instead the dragon chose her to save the world. It took two days lashed to a horse and two days in the dungeon before she finally realized who she was to the world and what the dragon had given her.

Hope.

She didn't want the task - she didn't ask for the task. But the dragon gave her hope so she could give it to the world.

Embracing the hope she carried, Adara knew what she had to do next. She rushed to the bars and grabbed them with both hands. "Guard!"

Moments later, heavy boot thuds preceded the armored guard ambling into view. "What is it?" He spat on the floor and wiped his bearded face with the back of his hand.

"I require an audience with King Adelwin," she said. "According to the laws of Akkala, I have the right."

The man gruffed. "That right is reserved for royal prisoners only, and you would not be in my dungeon if you were."

Leverage. "My grandmother was the King's aunt, sister to King Gazamin, his father. I am King Adelwin's first cousin once removed, eighth in the line of succession to the throne, and I demand my right to speak to the King!"

The guard's mouth dropped open for a moment before he rushed away, shouting with panic for his superior.

Adara held up her hand and gazed at the back of it, as she had done hundreds of times since meeting the dragon. A golden triangle, divided into three smaller triangles, glowed slightly on the skin as she did. The bottom right triangle shone the brightest and lingered a few moments after the others had faded.

Yes. The dragon had given her the hope she needed to save the world. And now she had a plan.

-----------------------------

END OF SEASON 2

-----------------------------

Thank you for reading!

CONTINUE ON WITH SEASON 3 OF THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: THE TAINTED BLADE

(Copy paste into your address bar)

http://www.wattpad.com/story/229789092

IF YOU ENJOYED THIS STORY, PLEASE LIKE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW

FOLLOW OLIVER D. KING ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR MORE UPDATES

www.facebook.com/oliverdkingauthor

www.instagram.com/oliverdkingauthor

www.twitter.com/oliverdking1

www.OliverDKing.com