Chapter 19 - Peachy

Author Note: The below section's idea came from and partly written by @LottyCharl--------------------------------------

"Where is he?" Lexi half shouted at Kelly charging in to the emergency department of Chicago Med and seeing him leaning on the reception desk next to Gabby and Brett who were completing paperwork.

"He's in surgery." Kelly said calmly.

"What happened?" Lexi asked looking from Kelly to Dawson.

"Lexi sit down" Kelly told her, he knew she was close to another panic attack.

Gabby led Lexi to an empty chair and sat beside her holding her hand. Voight watched Gabby speak softly to Lexi, calming her down. "Was there a second car involved?" Voight asked Kelly.

Kelly shook his head "No, a truck ran him off the road, he hit a street light. Driver of the truck left the scene. Witnesses were saying it looked like the truck hit him on purpose."

Voight pulled his phone from his pocket and rang the team, sending them to the scene.

"Did Kelly just say he was hit by a truck?" Lexi asked looking at Voight not wanting to believe her own ears.

"Yeah, I've sent the guys to the scene to see what they can find out." Voight assured her.

"That means its bad. He got hit by a truck now he's in surgery. That can't be good." Lexi said, placing her head in her hands.

"Why would someone run him off the road?" Kelly asked

"It has to be Calvin" Lexi told him, she looked up at Voight "If he's been watching me, he must know Kelly and I broke up. Calvin knows I'm with Jay so he's targeting him now"

"Does it sound like something Calvin would've done?" Voight asked.

"Yeah, he wasn't the strongest guy. Didn't like fist fights or confrontation, so vehicular manslaughter definitely sounds up his alley." Lexi said standing up, she couldn't sit still but didn't know what else to do.

"It's not manslaughter" Voight told her "Jay will be fine"

"We need to get back" Gabby told them. Lexi hugged Gabby and Brett thanking them for helping Jay. "Let us know when you hear anything?" Gabby asked.

"Definitely" Lexi confirmed coming out of her hug with Brett. Lexi looked at Kelly stood a few feet away watching her, waiting to see if she would thank him. "Thank you" she said but didn't approach to hug him.

Kelly looked a little hurt but didn't comment. "I hope he's okay" he told her before walking away.

"I need to tell Will" Lexi said turning to Voight.

-----------------------------

Author Note: The below section's idea came from and partly written by @LottyCharl

------------------------------------

Hank and Lexi sat in the waiting room out of the way of the emergency department. "Lexi" Will said entering the hospital behind her. Lexi stood and hugged Will as he approached her. "How is he?"

"We haven't heard anything yet" Lexi explained.

"I'm gonna go find out" Will said striding past her.

"Will I'm sorry" Lexi called after him as the automatic doors closed behind him.

She sat back in the seat she had been sat in and ran her hands through her hair. "This is not your fault" Voight told her as she sat beside him. "Don't blame yourself."