Chapter 11 - Home.

The next morning Jay and Lexi had packed up the cabin and drove back to Chicago. They had gone to Jay's apartment and emptied their bags. Jay had made some space in his closet for Lexi's stuff and Lexi had assured him it was a temporary living situation; she would find her own place soon. Lexi didn't think starting a relationship and living together was a good idea.

Lexi felt seeing the team in a social situation would be easier than just showing up at work on Monday morning. Jay had called Adam and arranged for everyone to meet at Molly's the same night.

Lexi and Jay walked hand in hand to Molly's from Jay's apartment. A block from Molly's Jay stopped walking and pulled Lexi in to him, putting his arms around her, he kissed her lips lightly "are you sure you want to do this?" he asked, his lips brushed hers as he spoke "we could go home, get in to bed, go for rounds nine and ten" his lips travelled down her neck.

Lexi giggled "I'm sure..." she began gently guiding his head back up to her lips.

"BUSTED" Lexi and Jay both laughed hearing Ruzek's call from a few feet away. They had already agreed they weren't going to keep their relationship a secret from the team, there was no need, they were doing nothing wrong.

Ruzek tackled them, hugging them both at the same time "Yay the teams all back together" he smiled kissing Lexi's cheek.

"It's good to see you Adam" Lexi told him escaping from his embrace as he got Jay in a headlock and began dragging him down the street. Lexi laughed watching them before hugging Burgess and Atwater in turn.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Burgess, Atwater, Ruzek, and Halstead sat at a tall table in Molly's. Lexi stood beside Jay leaning in to him, his arm around her waist, holding her close to him. Antonio, Hank and Alvin had been at the bar when they arrived. They had had a drink with the team then all had other places to be, leaving the youngest team members to have a catch up.

Lexi felt relaxed, more relaxed than she thought she would, it probably helped that no members of Firehouse 51 were at Molly's.

"So, come on, is this a thing now? Is it official?" Adam asked pointing at Jay's arm around Lexi. "You know it's a lot of HR paperwork"

Lexi and Jay laughed, "yes, its official" Lexi answered for both of them kissing Jay.

"Oh shit!" Atwater announced nodding towards the door, "heads up!"

Lexi didn't need to turn around to know it meant Kelly had just walked in. Out the corner of her eye Lexi saw Casey approach the bar followed by Kelly who stood beside him, her whole body tensed, and she knew Jay felt it to. "Are you okay?" Jay whispered, "we can leave if you want to?"

"I'm good," she whispered back pecking his cheek "you okay?" she thought he might have felt a little awkward.

"Couldn't be better" he kissed her lips and felt her body relax against him. Lexi noticed Gabby and Herrmann appear behind the bar, they must have entered through the back. Gabby caught Lexi's eye and smiled, Lexi smiled back, happy to see her. Lexi and Gabby had been friends, their boyfriends had been best friends, they had been on many double dates and sometimes been the only form of entertainment the other had had when having to attend official CFD functions and of course Gabby had been one of Shay's best friends.

Lexi took her attention back to the friends at the table asking Burgess how she had faired being the only woman in the Intelligence Unit whilst Lexi had been away.

"Lexi" turning at the sound of her name Lexi turned to see Gabriela walking towards her.

"Hey Gabby" Lexi smiled walking a few steps to meet her then embracing her.