A New Beginning

Jimmy O'James stared at the floor in silence as he quietly slipped on his coat and packed up his things, ready to head home for the night. 

He stood in his dressing room, still feeling the weight of humiliation in the bottom of his stomach due to his performance with Slappy earlier that evening. Slappy ruined the entire act, as well as the public's outlook on Jimmy.

Jimmy knew that Slappy was slowly eating away at his reputation. He felt mindlessly controlled and pressured by the puppet's rude and unwelcoming ways, yet he knows there isn't much he can do about it.

He was starting to feel more like the dummy in their relationship rather than the ventriloquist. 

But he made a deal, a deal he couldn't resist, and there was no turning back now.

Slappy suddenly burst into the room, nearly giving poor Jimmy a heart attack.

"Hey, Jimbo!" The dummy called out with an evil sneer.

"Slappy!" Jimmy breathed, gently placing a hand on his racing heart. "You startled me.." 

"Are you ready to leave this dumb place, yet? You know I have no patience.." Slappy said as his eyebrows narrowed with the crossing of his arms.

"Sorry, master.. I was just finishing up my packing." Jimmy replied as he picked up his bag.

"Good, because I've got a surprise for ya.." Slappy said as a smirk appeared on his face.

Uh oh.

"A surprise?..." Jimmy questioned in a nervous whisper. He did not like where this was going, especially since it was coming from someone like Slappy. Jimmy knew better than that. He knew the puppet was up to something.

"Indeed.. wait right here!" Slappy demanded as he disappeared down the hall.

Jimmy obeyed as he stood there waiting, nervously twiddling with his thumbs.

Slappy soon returned back into the room, only to be seen pulling a girl along with him by her arm.

Jimmy stared at the female, unable to speak.

"H-Huh?!" Jimmy blurted out, his voice shaking with anxiety and confusion.

He did not like the smirk on Slappy's face.

"Quit acting like an idiot, Jimbo..." Slappy snarled. "Her name is Belinda, and she's coming home with us."

Jimmy was bewildered. What on earth was Slappy doing? 

Jimmy felt quite foolish taking orders from a dummy.

"Slappy, you know I don't have enough space. I barely have room for you and I..." Jimmy explained. 

Jimmy's house was rather small, containing only two bedrooms. When Slappy moved in, he took the master bedroom for himself, unfortunately leaving Jimmy with the smaller room downstairs.

"Don't worry about that, she will be sleeping with me." Slappy announced with dignity, wrapping his arm protectively around the doll. He didn't really give Belinda much of a choice, but it's not like he really wanted to anyways.

"S-Sleeping with him?!" Belinda thought to herself. She could feel herself blushing.

Jimmy couldn't exactly argue with him because he knew Slappy would get angry if he didn't get his way.

And believe me, you DO NOT want to see what happens when Slappy gets angry...

"Okay.." Jimmy mumbled with a small sigh.

"Good, so it's settled then.." Slappy said approvingly.

Belinda smiled up at him.

The puppet felt satisfied that he now had what he wanted and everything was going accordingly. 

His plan was working perfectly...

(HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, READERS!!! <3 )