Forgotten and Alone

Kristy's parents marched out of the auditorium in fury, dragging her along with them. Kristy followed, clutching Belinda tightly to her chest. The little girl was not old enough to understand why her parents were so distressed. However, her doll thought otherwise. Belinda stared at the big wooden doors to the auditorium solemnly, watching them get further and more distant from the view of her small, glassy blue eyes. She understood the fact that this may be the first, yet last time she will ever see Slappy again, especially due to the circumstances of Kristy's parents' feelings of dismay. 

"How could someone as sick as that man insult children in front of an audience like that?!" Kristy's mother, Annabelle, exclaimed through frustration and gritted teeth. 

"Horrible... absolutely just horrible..." Kristy's step-father, Erik, said in reply with the slow shaking of his head.

Belinda had been lost in thought. All that could come to her mind was Slappy. She thought he was actually quite hilarious. It was truly a shame Kristy's parents did not enjoy the show.

Kristy suddenly stopped walking as she noticed the untied shoelace dangling off her left sneaker. 

"Mommy, can you please tie my shoe?" The child asked, gently tugging at her mother's coat. 

"Sure, darling." Annabelle replied, gingerly lifting up Kristy and sitting her on a bench in the entrance hall of the building.  

Kristy laid Belinda down next to her on the seat as she watched her mother tie her shoe. Once Annabelle had finished, she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. As she answered the phone call from her boss at work, she quickly grabbed Kristy, lifting her up to carry her, and paced swiftly to her car, Erik trotting beside her. 

Kristy was so caught up in her parents' troubles, that she didn't even notice that she had accidentally left Belinda behind, alone and abandoned on the small bench in the building.