letters

Dear El, 

It's been one day since I got to this stupid camp, but I don't know how many days later you are getting this. So far we have only had mac and cheese to eat and I have never felt this hungry. My bed is under Will's so that's nice. It's really hot though, I don't think I prepared for this. I hope it isn't this hot back home.  

Well, I have to head out, so I hope you and Max have a fun time without us boys. Write me back soon. 

From Mike

----------

Dear Mike, 

I got this four days later. I can't believe you will be gone for three weeks. Max and I have had a great time so far. She taught me how to ride a skateboard! I am the absolute worst at it. I fell off so many times that she had to take it away from me before I hurt myself. It's not that hot here, so  I feel really bad for you. Swim a lot to stay cool!

Write me back really soon please, and tell the boys I said hi!

From El

----------

Dear El, 

It's been 7 days now. Your letter got here really fast. Please be careful on the skateboard. If you get hurt I'm coming home right away! I swear to you I will! I have been swimming a lot, but I also have been sneaking back to take a lot of naps. Will has nightmares sometimes and shakes the bed, which makes it hard to sleep. I have to wake up and go on walks with him to calm him down in the middle of the night. Do you have any tips... You know, for calming him down? 

I miss you a lot. I bet you would have lots of fun here. There are a few girls, so maybe you and Max could come next year. But for now, all I can do is think about you. Have an Eggo sundae for me will you? 

Miss you tons, Mike

----------

Dear Mike, 

I miss you too. Max and I have gone to the quarry every day for the past week and I have never been more sunburnt. We are having a great time! Maybe we should come next year. As for Will, keep doing what you're doing. The upside down is a cruel place, sometimes I still have nightmares. Walks are good, they usually help calm me down. Keep being a good friend Mike. It's sweet. 

The new ice cream shop opened, and it's super yummy. Max and I love their sherbert, but I think you would love their cookie dough. When you get back we should go. Tell the boys I said hi!

Miss you more, El

----------

Dear El, 

I bet I would love the cookie dough. We have ice cream here too and that's the only flavor I get. We still have a week and a half until we can reunite. It seems so long, but we are half way there! I won the s'more making competition with my perfect golden brown s'more that you love! If only you were there to share it with me. 

On a deeper note, why haven't you told me about your nightmares El? I wish you would have let me know so I could help you, be there for you! You know, if you would have called me at three am, I would have biked to your house so we can go on a walk to clear your mind. I hate seeing you upset. Let me know if the nightmares are getting any better... Please.