90 - Whispers - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"The force of water is immeasurable!"

"The force of water is a surge!"

"The force of an army blessed by water is undeniable!"

Another tug nearly makes me tumble over again before another wave of water splashed over me. I don't have time to clear my throat and continue my prayer despite the smell of rotten eggs stinging in my nose and the earthy taste of the water passing through my lips.

"By the power of water, I pray for you to bless those by my side with your power and might."

I continue relentlessly, but my eyes are drawn to Kenta struggling against the ghosts. Unlike me he can actually interact with them, but that also means that they can tear him apart, and that they are... I shake my head momentarily. I've no time to be distracted.

"Let their movements rush faster than ever,"

"As masters of rolling hills."

"Let their strikes bite into the flesh of their enemies,"

"Let them show the might of wat-"

Another tug. I nearly pull my sword in anger, but manage to get out the last syllable.

"-Er!"

I feel my body lighten as the spell sets in effect, and the water seems less of a problem now. This should help everyone out. If nothing else, then until we get to land. This blindness is driving me mad. I can't see what is going on, I'm literally more of a burden than anything else. I don't even know what kind of enemy we are up against.

Kenta's katana swipes through the air right in front of me and with one sign he motions 'Back!'

I grit my teeth and jump back, shoving the person holding my shoulder as well. The air blasts past my ear as something massive appears to have struck where I was standing and a huge wave blasts me back a bit further. I feel the water drops hitting my scalp and draw the No-dachi cautiously. It's big enough to cause 'rain' and since the water isn't ripping me along then it's probably not moving. I swing at where I stood a moment before, since the hand on my shoulder isn't stopping me it should be the right direction, right?

Impact... but barely any.

The creature must have moved as it realized I was striking... but the water isn't really moving.

I'm moved back forcefully again by my backpack as another blast of air threatens to push me over. Seems like the creature doesn't like being hurt... but... it's not moving sideways... is it raising its head?

Kenta steps up close to me with a scolding and somewhat annoyed look in his eyes, and... moves through... me?

An uncomfortable feeling goes through me like a nauseating chill. That... is he trying to possess me?! Is it because of the area?

I grip the no-dachi harder.

Kenta killed me, there is no way I would let him take over control of my body... but... it seemed like Kenta knew where the opponent was... at this rate I... at this rate I'm helpless. I can't see anything. I cannot hear anything. I take up the attention of at least one of the knights that have to move me... I... I don't want to be helpless again... I don't want these ghosts to clear and find everyone dead or mutilated. Sinful as he is, Kenta is by my side right now...

...and I weigh their survival over my pride and anger.

I grit my teeth.

I let him take over.

My stance changes in an instant, and everything goes dark as he closes our eyes. Only the wails remain, the feeling of the hand on my shoulder and the cold water.