Beneath The Skin

Ugh...I’m so exhausted after today. Actually it’s only been half a day and I am so done already. To hell with Mrs. Smith and her math class “Intensive training for the final exam is crucial. You’ll thank me later!” yea, right. Thank you very much for pouring me with the funnel wanted an unwanted and equations in fractions and god know what else....
Uff... at least I am almost home. I’ve got two more streets to go. I think that if I see any other numbers today I will..  I don’t know what I am going to do. I will scream. Hahaha....
Wow! coming from the front of the street a black Porsche and it has the top lowered. How much I’d like to be in such a car and let my hair breeze into the wind. To forget everything. To turn every head it passes by, nonchalantly...
Wait a minute! Is he? Yes, yes...that’s him! It’s Harlem and he’s looking straight at me pulling down gently with his hand the sunglasses so he can see me better, in all splendor, of course.
Wait, what?! He had slowed down and stopped right in front of me. OMG!
-What are you doing beautiful, can I take you somewhere? he asks me with his strong voice and smiles gently unveiling his white teeth like pearls?
-Well, if you stopped anyway, can you help me get home faster, comes my answer with a slight indifference.
-Get in!
I gently open the car door and I sit elegantly on the black leather seat. I don’t even get to buckle in and the car starts with fury making the wheels squealing underneath it. I got a little bit scared, to be honest I had such a sensation only when I flown a plane.
-Are you ok? he asks me, grinning and putting his hand on my thigh.
If it wasn’t for Harlem, the most wanted boy in high school, and if I wasn’t in the Porsche it may seem a little inappropriate but after all, maybe he didn’t even realized what he did. He just wanted to see if I was ok.
-I am fine! I just don’t have many hours of flight to active that’s all....hehehe, I answer him in a comic way to wipe out the shame of being scared.
As answer, I am getting another smirk and he’s hand that's starting to move slowly up my thigh.
I feel like I’m on cloud nine right now. I just can't help myself from sweating.
If the girls would know who drove me home by car... and what a car! Wow this seat is more comfortable then my couch at home. I hope someone I know will see me until I get home.
-Is this your street? he’s asking me.
Are we already here?! only if the math class would pass so quickly...
-Yes, that is it. I live in that white house.
-Here we are. It's good that I know now exactly where you live, he says, turning towards me.
-Oh... yes, who knows, maybe you’ll even need this information, I answer him stuttering and got out of his car quickly without giving him a chance for any movement, lest my mother see me and start again with the stories about the boys I don’t know what other nonsense.
-OK beautiful! Kisses for you! Perhaps I’ll call you back later, and go again with the engine's angry noise and squealing the wheels....
-Bye! See you... I wave at him shy with my hand.
God! This boy is driving me crazy with those bluesy eyes, his nicely carved chin and those strong arms. Without even counting he’s also among the best athlete in school and his father owns half of the city’s  businesses. He has a great future in front, everyone says this at school, only mom with her unsalted stories has another option. Whatever...
I go in the house, I quickly throw my bag at the entrance and l directly go for the bed. I can't wait to get stolen by sleep, I'm exhausted. I lie on my bed once comfortably, I close my eyes and an involuntary smile appears on my face. Maybe I'm really going to dream something beautiful. I mean, to the subconscious it was suggested something thrilling not so long ago and I hope he takes that into account. He he..
Almost dozed off when l heard the sound of the doorbell. Seriously?! I had big plans with this nap. A long sigh and I'm getting out of bed. Till I get to the door the doorbell called a couple of times more. I hope it's important! It better be.
-Hi Monica! am I bothering you? speaks to me the trembling voice of the boy who stood in front of me.
Be sure of that!
-The least! I was trying to get some rest. What do you want, Matt?
-A thousand apologies,l didn't mean to bother you. I better come another time....
-Say what you want! I cut his word irritated...
-l thought you might want to go with me, I mean both of us to the movies tomorrow. I got tickets and I think you're going to like it. I've been seeing you many times that you read the book during your break at school. And now the movie came out....and I was thinking. He stopped at the last word.
This boy's been after me since we were in fourth grade, and we're neighbors, he's staying with his mother in the house across the street. Matt's cool, he's a quiet boy with a calm temperament, not very sociable but very smart. He helped me many times with school work. I could even say that he was my tutor for the exam and he did pretty well. I understood mathematics with him better than with Mrs. Smith. He recently got a job after hours at the Fast-food place near the school. And since they found out he was working there, many at school are only going there just to tease him, But he has no choice, poor Matty. He's been doing a lot harder since his father died. In fact he's fallen on duty was a national news...
He stopped the wrong person for faulty stop and he got out of that with his life taken. Then the killer was caught and found out what he was carrying and for fear of being discovered he shot Matt's father. It's not a joke with cop life. Those people are risking their lives to protect us and after they can't be used anymore, the country forgets about them pretty fast. For nothing he was buried in a flag if not even a year ago his family could barely handle their basic needs from one day to another.
-Hey, you didn't have to spoil the money on me, really.
-But I didn't spoil spend them, that's exactly what it is, they're the best spent money. That is, if you accept to go together.
-I really can't tomorrow, I already have plans. I'm sorry.
-But tomorrow Saturday. Do you have plans on Saturday night?!
-I really can't come, I'm sorry. You didn't have to ruin the money, you need it.
-Okay... In that case I'm sorry to bother you. I'll see you around, he answers gloomy.
-Come on, don't get upset and hug him friendly to banish his sadness.
-I don't mind, it's okay. We'll talk. Bye!
-Take care of yourself, okay?
-You too...Monica, take care of yourself! As he goes away and I close the door I feel a small knot in my stomach. I feel sorry for him. Of course I have nothing in the plan Saturday but I just don't feel like going.  I know he's been holding on to me ever since we were little when he was telling everyone that I was his princess and he's a knight who has to do all the cravings for me, even if it means giving up on him many times, in the beginning with the dessert and then with the money and there are all times that he took the blame on him for all the troublez I was getting into, and in which he was my accomplice just to spend time with me; but we couldn't be more than good friends. I see the way he looks at me every time, so warm and full of love even though he knows that I don't look at him the same way. He's a nice, and a good boy, somewhat too nice; he just doesn't make me feel butterflies in my stomach like I did with Harlem today when he drove me with his car. Matt is so weak and physically vulnerable as he's also emotional, that sometimes he really gets on my nerves.
Finally, I get back to where I wanted to be for the rest of the day and I put my head on the soft pillow. My eyes are so heavy...