Chapter Five

Uraraka rose a brow as she wandered around the school, attempting to get to class. There was a lot of whispering happening around her, along with pointing. She strained to listen in to what they were saying.
"Isn't she the girl who's dating that explosion guy?"
"That girls got a pair to date Bakugo."
"Who knew a freak could get such a cute girl."
Uraraka felt eyes on as she rushed to class and sat down, letting go of the breath that she had been holding. But she wasn't in the clear yet as the class was also staring at her. She twiddled with her thumbs as Iida yelled at everyone for spreading gossip and Midoriya approached her.
"I'm guessing you've heard the rumor too..."
Uraraka giggled nervously.
"So it is just a rumor?"
"Well... yes and no? I was helping Bakugo get rid of this crazy stalker girl and if she finds out I was lying then she'll start messing with him again so I don't want to debunk the rumor but I also don't like everyone looking at me like I'm some kind of odd experiment just waiting to explode."
Midoriya pulled a chair up and sat next to her.
"Perhaps you should talk with Kaachan about it, before he finds out about the rumor. I bet he'd take it better from you than anyone else and I don't fancy seeing someone being pulverized today."
Uraraka nodded and looked around.
"Where is Bakugo anyways?"
"Iida told me earlier that he was sick, he's staying home."
Uraraka nodded and got up.
"I'm gonna go talk to him."
"Now? But the bells about to ring."
"It's fine, I have perfect attendance, one day won't ruin me. I'll see you later Deku."
With that the girl walked out, trying to avoid he stares as she went into the dorms and knocked on Bakugo's door. When she was met with what sounded like a response she cracked the door open.
"Good morning, sorry if I woke you. It's Uraraka by the way, I just wanted to see how you're feeling. Can I come in?"
"If you feel as though you have to."
Bakugo grumbled as he checked his temperature. She approached him, placing a hand over his forehead to check out hot he was.
"Oh wow, you really are sick!"
"Of course I am round face! I wouldn't be sitting here otherwise, use your head."
"Well it's just surprising that someone like you even gets sick, you always seem so super human."
Bakugo rolled his eyes.
"So you checked up on me, find your way out the door."
He put his thermometer down and yanked his covers over himself and laid down. Uraraka dat at the foot of the bed and wrung her hands.
"Actually I came here for something else..."
"What?!"
Bakugo snapped obviously not in the mood.
"You know about that backlash you talked about with the crazy stalker girl."
Uraraka chuckled as if there was nothing wrong.
"Well...there's a rumor going around that we're dating now."
Uraraka rose her hands up, afraid of him rising from his bed and his palms sparking up as he yelled at her, furious at the outcome. He rose a brow and said, in a voice that sounded almost hurt.
"Did you expect me to hit you?"
Uraraka felt her heart get tugged by that sentence as she lowered her hands. She couldn't deny it, she was slightly afraid that he was going to take it out on her. She rose from the bed and kneeled down as she placed her hands on the ground gently and placed her forehead on her hands.
"Please forgive me for being so ignorant. I know you would never hurt me like that, I shouldn't of thought of you as that kind of person."
Bakugo rose from his mountain of covers and held a hand out to her.
"Get up, you're making me look like the bad guy."
Uraraka looked up at his hand, taking it and returning to her place at the foot of the bed.
"I'm not upset, I told you there would be backlash."
"So you're not angry that people are saying that they're surprised a freak like you got a cute girl like me?"
His brows furrowed as he went to yell But was too tired to do so, so he plopped back down on the bed as he chuckled dryly.
"I suppose they're right."
Uraraka was caught off guard by this response and she put her fingers in her ears to make sure they were clean, did she hear him correctly.
"What?"
"They're right, it would be surprising for a guy like me to get a girl like you."
Uraraka felt her head sped up rapidly as she looked around frantically trying to come up with something.
"What are you talking about Bakugo?! I'm not that great, I mean you're super strong and smart, I mean you're the third in the exams every time. You're also pretty handsome and I'm pretty average looking, what would be surprising is that someone as bland as me got with someone like you."
Uraraka's face was met with a pillow and as she lowered it she saw what looked like a blushing Bakugo.
"Quit talking like that, you're fine. You're strong and kind and always there for your friends. You're a good person Uraraka."
Bakugo then huffed, turned away quickly and laid back down. Uraraka rose from the bed and turned.
"I'm gonna go get some medicine for you!"
She then ran out of the room, her heart somehow beating even faster than before and her hands shaking like a jackhammer. She could hardly turn the doorknob to her own room as she went to change out of her uniform.