22. Rescue Mission

The ground moved up and down and then doubled up, moving around.
Nicholae gripped the wall to steady himself.

One vampire saw it as a sign of weakness and pounced into action.
Without looking, Nicholae grabbed his attackers neck and spun him to face the others. His already elongated fangs cut into the cold flesh of the rogue, all in one breath.
Then he did the abominable, he began drinking from the vampire.

The act was so disgusting that it took the other rogues by surprise.
Sure sometimes it was done as a sexual act between vampire mates or human partners. But not like this. Not as a means of killing another vampire or as a means of survival.

It was a taboo that just went against every grain of a vampire's existence.
But damn, he felt good.
It wasn't like anything compared to Valentina's and yet the euphoric feeling was almost comparable.
It's like he'd opened a new gate of sensations.

'He's gone mad.' One rogue said.
That declaration wasn't far from the truth.

The vampire in Nicholae's grip screamed at his comrades to help him. His squirming was starting to irritate Nicholae.
So he dug his claws into his throat and tore it out. The blood sprayed out.
Now he was useless.

The odds of six against one wasn't a very fair one, to begin with even.

From the corner of his eye, he saw one of them tear off her clothes.

Looked like the werewolves came to play as well.
Nicholae watched in mild fascination as the female's jaw dislocated from place and click back into place.
Her chest stretched painfully as she clawed away the remainder of the human flesh still in her hairy chest.
It made him wonder just what he was really facing here.

Nicholae stepped away from the snapping jaws.
If he pulled out his gun here, that'll be too much attention drawn to him.

It would be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that he didn't want people knowing what he was up to. That would alert all the wrong people and he most definitely didn't need that.
So he ran.

He ran away from the town in a more secluded area. Which was difficult to do.
There were three werewolves after him now and with the full moon high in the clear sky, their powers were at their peak.
That meant they were now faster, stronger and more of a threat to him.

One of them caught up to him, scratching the side of his face with razor-sharp claws.

Nicholae winced at the fresh burning pain on the side of his face.
He grunted in anger and pulled out a stun stick and his gun.

Nicholae adeptly fired three silver bullets into the werewolves chest.
'This is far enough, no?'
And he was ready for the other one who quickly caught up.

His stun stick whacked the werewolf in between the eyes and beneath its chin.

The Werewolf quickly recovered but not quickly enough.
Nicholae stood over it and shot it right in the eye.

This was almost too easy, his body was buzzing with so much energy.

He heard the last wolf zigzagging through the widely spaced trees.
It thought it was Tarzan or something as it bounced from tree to tree.

Two vampires rushed at him from both sides.
They were all the distraction the Werewolf needed.

It successfully landed behind Nicholae and knocked the gun out of his hand.
The Vampires swiped desperately at him.
It was clear they were furious about their friend.

Nicholae fended them off with his electric stick. The 10000 volts on that thing could cause Vampires and weres enough pain.
His knuckles connected into the nose of the other vampire unleashing a trickle of blood.